Saturday, 18 January 2014

NO HEAT WAVES

I'm one of those people that'll sleep in the craziest of hairstyles in the desperate attempt to give my barnet some wave or curl. I've tried plaits, buns, bantu knots (I'm sure that's not at all how you spell it), socks, old rags and pretty much anything else you could think of - but not one of those methods worked. I ended up with an uncontrollable amount of tight frizz, a bad nights sleep and the disappointment of the technique failing miserably. That was until, I watched stilababe09's hair routine video and followed her no-heat waves. Hold your horses, it actually succeeded.





I apologise for the slight blurriness of some of these images, but they captured the effect the best. I give it a little added oomph with the L'Oreal #TXT Volumising Spray and that's all. Completo.

I think the pictures do the talking here. The best part is, all I had to do to achieve such waves was section my hair in half, give it a twist and secure it at the top of my head until the morning. It looks slightly Star Wars, but who'll see it anyway?! I've gotten so many compliments and questions about how I did it, so here it is. My current every day style, and I love it.

Thank you Mere!

Megan x


10 comments:

  1. What amazing results - I'm definitely trying that to give my hair a rest from the heat styling :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you try it Charlotte!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Your hair is amazing! I have the L'oreal text spray too an its amazing for how cheap it is!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Fantastic results, I'm definitely trying this!
    Ffion x
    Teainoctober.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your hair turned out, so pretty. I'm definitely going to give this a try :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Christine!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. It looks absolutely great, and I feel the same way about waves! They look really beachy and nice, so thank you for this post as it's helped me a lot :)

    Also, I've just found your blog and I love it!

    Reta
    retaxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! Your hair's gorgeous. Definitely need to give this a try! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x