Saturday, 11 January 2014

CURRENT HAIRCARE FAVOURITES

Hair care is the one beauty area I'd say I'm the least familiar with. I always used to love doing my hair with plaits, pigtails and everything in between when I was younger on those creepy doll heads, and on my own hair for school. Nowadays, I prefer to keep it simple. A few items to give it some oomph, then out the door. Here is the quartet that I've particularly enjoyed using recently:



Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo - I have a love/hate relationship with this colourful can. It does a darn good job at keeping hair fresh, but apply too much and you're left with a white powdery head (come on, I'm not ready to age just yet). I've come to terms with how to use this successfully, in quick spritzes at the roots and a small massage to distribute the product. For now, it's love.

L'Oreal Studio Line #TXT Volume Supersizing Spray - I purchased this in Asda for £2.50 on a whim, after hearing a few good reviews. I'm actually pleased to say, this is a great item. I wouldn't say it 'supersizes', but it does add some wearable volume for everyday without leaving the hair crispy or crusty. I think this may be one of the first volumising hair products I've tried that actually works.


Lee Stafford Blow Dry Your Hair Faster Spray - My absolute favourite thing ever. Since getting this in a Company goodie bag at Graduate Fashion Week, I don't think there's been a hair wash day I haven't used it. If you're looking for an all-round star, this is it. To start with, it 'blow dries your hair faster'. I don't know if that's true, but I do enjoy using it also to keep hair smooth, detangle and heat protect all in one. What a multi-tasker this is for around the £6 mark!

Toni & Guy Shine Gloss Serum - I've been popping some of this on my ends now and again to tame frizz and keep them shiny, and it does a great job at that. It smells lovely and the packaging is great too. Since my Got2b hair oil has been running low, this has been a great alternative.

I'm thoroughly enjoying giving my barnet a little extra TLC recently, and I'm sure my hair feels all the better for it. Now it gets serious... do I go for the recent shoulder length blogger chop?

Megan x

9 comments:

  1. great choices , have not tried any of those ones yet
    The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had to try one let it be Lee Stafford's Spray!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of the Lee Stafford one! Will have to pick that up next time Boots have them on 3 for 2 :) x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great item to have!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Batiste Dry Shampoo is a life saver for me :). I don't know how I'd have managed without it in my life now. I really want to try the Lee Stafford Blow Dry one, anything that might make it go that bit quicker would be amazing! xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I get a little bored drying my hair!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I love the Batiste and will need to try the Blow Dry one, it sounds great :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Such a multitasker :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. The l'oreal hairspray looks really good! I have heard so many good reviews of it now! Thanks for the review:)
    Charlotte xxx

    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x