Tuesday, 10 December 2013

WINTER SHADOWS

Well, who'd have guessed? Another seasonal related post, this time regarding the most gorgeous of eyeshadow colours that have me mesmerised.


I've been loving the pinky-red eye look, which you can see in my post here. The perfect candidiates to fit my staple winter eye criteria have to be Mac Cranberry and Bourjois Prune Nocturne. Describing them as stunning is just not justifiable... you have to see them to believe it!

For more neutral and school-appropriate days, L'Oreal Sahara Treasure and New CID Truffle have been my favourites. I love the cream shadow to smudge on the entire eye and waterline, as it looks so grungy but still beautiful. Not to mention, it's also a very long lasting mousse texture. Sahara Treasure is such a pigmented shadow, and I've now definitely become a member of the Color Infallible Brigade. I have Time Resist White too, which totally put me off, but I could not resist trying out another for £3 in the Boots clearance - I'm so glad I did!

Mac Amber Lights is a shadow I'm trying to make myself wear more. It's a golden/copper shimmery shade, that looks really pretty on brown eyes and I can imagine, every other eye colour too! I do love this because of the formula too, it's perfectly pigmented and has a buttery texture. Divine.

Lastly, the Anastasia Lavish palette. This is gorgeous. If there's one palette you need to see you through Autumn/Winter, it is this. Hands down - it's so pretty! My favourite shades are Antique, Pink Sapphire and Rum Cake. The quality is great and a bonus is that in the set you get 4 little extras: tweezers, eyeshadow brush, liner and brow pencil.

I think the key to applying all of these products successfully is blending, and lots of it. So, off you go ladies and gents - blend to your hearts content!

Megan x

PS. I should have a Clothes Show Live Haul up one day if that's what you'd like to see? I'm just struggling to find a time to take pictures when it isn't dark! One of the cons of winter I suppose.

10 comments:

  1. The MAC Cranberry is gorgeous, It's such a lovely unique shade! Xx
    beautyundressedd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I purchased it, I thought it was really original!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Love the MAC Cranberry, wish I was brave enough to wear it though!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was all the time too haha!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Yes definitely love to see the haul! I hardly ever wear eye make up but this is gorgeous xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I can take pictures I'll write one up! :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I agree, Amber Lights is divine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to just swatch it and look at haha! :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I'm really loving plums and purples at the moment! Followed via GFC!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x