Sunday, 15 December 2013

RED PAINTS

I'm seriously sorry for not posting as frequently as I normally do. The shorter days mean that I cannot take photos at all in the week, so I'm left with weekends which is annoying. Hopefully when it comes to Christmas day my house will be brimming with many beauty picks I can share with you soon!


Red is such a classic colour, not just at this festive time but all year round too. Everyone should own one (or two, three, four, five)! For that reason, here is my red polish podium.

Essie Leading Lady - Red glitter in a deep red base. I adore this one! I actually have it on my nails currently, and it is just so beautiful, being so sparkly. I managed to get this from The Sunday Girl's blog sale a few months ago and I'm so pleased I did!

Rimmel Double Decker Red - a solid red creme that is opaque in 2 coats and uber glossy. I love having a simple red around for any nail art too, so this truly is a staple, and a cheap one at that. It is very good quality for the price, and a nice filler type gift if anyone's present (or your nail polish collection) is looking a little lacking.

Deborah Lippmann Through The Fire - This was a serious TKmaxx score, as I found three Deborah Lippmann shades in a pack for £8! This has an uplifting shimmer that runs through the formula, making your tips appear as if they are glowing. I'm really stuck for words on this one - I don't own anything close to this shade!

Of course these are all from the same area of the colour wheel, but they all share adorable names too. I think we should never forget about a good ol' classic ruby, especially around Santa's visiting time. Anyone for matching lips?

Megan x

22 comments:

  1. I love the Essie Leading Lady colour! Definitely want to try get my hands on that (no pun intended) haha!
    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a set of the Deborah Lipman polishes from TKMaxx! such a bargain! x

    http://penniesforapound.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh which shades did you get?

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Wow I need to check out tkmaxx

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that Essie shade its so pretty
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh love that Essie one! I was looking at a shade similar today with red glitter but the store I was at had the normal price way too high :(

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Shopping around is always a good idea :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. These are all so gorgeous! I have red polish on right now, it's called The Thrill of Brazil by OPI, if you like red polishes you should check it out!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds nice! Thanks for recommending! :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. i love reds, so classic and will never go out of style! the deborah lippmann one is my fave!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Essie leading lady looks so gorgeous!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoaaa you have a beautiful collection of reds! x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already have the Rimmel polish, but I have literally fallen in love with the Essie polish after seeing your post!

    It looks sooooo gorgeous!

    Emma | DollfaceBlogs

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look like such amazing colours! I love the formulas of the Rimmel ones :) xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x