Sunday, 29 December 2013

KIM KARDAZZLE PALETTE

If you know me, you'll be very much aware I am a true Kardashian fan. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of every series of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, and I absolutely love it. There's something relaxing about watching their lives and forgetting about your own for half an hour/an hour! If you've ever wondered 'what is their talent...?', then I am here to argue it is makeup, with the Kim Kardazzle Palette to prove it.



I won't lie, the name is very cheesy, and gives the palette a cheap impression in my eyes. However, as the saying goes, don't judge a book buy it's cover (or it's name...). Housed inside a sequin printed beige/pink compact (that I stupidly forgot to photograph) are eight eyeshadows (4 mattes and 4 shimmers) and two blushes, as well as a highlight for good measure. I do think there should have been a bronzer instead of another blush though, as it would have completed the trio nicely. Despite my moans, the three pans in the base of the palette are well pigmented and formulated shades. The highlight is especially beautiful, a golden hue that adds so much warmth to the face that a champagne just does not sometimes.

Something worth mentioning is the size. I expected it to be a lot larger than it is, as you can never tell with online stock photos. For comparison, it is about the size as a typical credit card. I read about the small size in another review, so I had anticipated the pans to be tiny, but they were actually very reasonable. Also whilst we're discussing packaging, the blushes are accessed through sliding out a lower compartment. A mirror is also featured in the upper lid, which is always handy.

The matte eyeshadows aren't UD Naked Basics standard, but they're not too far off. Each is well pigmented, and rather smooth. The two browns are lovely crease shades and blend very easily, as do the rest. For the shimmers, they are the stars of the palette. The lightest gold is not as perfect as it's sisters, being less pigmented and slightly more chunky in texture, but still workable and certainly not useless nonetheless. However, all is not lost, with the other three beautiful colours making up for it; a smokey brown, medium coppery gold and copper. I've not left these eyeshadows alone since I got them under the tree at Christmas.They do have quite bad fall out, but pressing them on or concealing under the eyes last are quick solutions.

This palette was ordered from Feelunique at £14.95, but I cannot find it again to link. CloudBeauty still has them though, for £1 more at £15.95. Hurry though, they're limited edition. I say 'they're' because all three sisters have one of their own. So, if Kim isn't your cup of tea, there's still the Kourtney or Khloe editions to try!

Megan x

13 comments:

  1. This actually looks really good, I love the look of the eyeshadows!x

    electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk
    |
    Sammydress Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very pretty on the lids!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Never knew it was that small! I love the kardashians so i will have to pick up some of their beauty range soon!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at the size firstly too :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I like the shades and the pigmentation looks pretty good. Still not sure if I'd ever go for it as I don't know if the Kardashians even use their own "products" haha... even though I love the makeup they always have on.... regardless- still looks like a lovely dinky little palette!

    xx

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean there, they may not use their own line but their makeup is always flawless!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I'm actually really impressed with how much I like the look of this palette!

    Jo x
    www.woobered.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so handy, especially for neutral lovers!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I really want that 1 golden shade! Your blog photos are so lovely, makes reading so much more enjoyable :) what camera do you use lovely???

    Barely There Beauty | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! It's a Sony Cybershot 8.1mp, it was purchased around 7 years ago on a family trip to Florida but it still does macro shots very well!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. Omg I had no idea this palette existed! Thanks for sharing :)

    In LOVE with the blue hair. I'm getting an ombre on jan 2nd and after I get bored of that I know I want a navy blue streak too :)

    I was wondering if you would like to swap blog buttons for the month of Jan?Starting Jan 1 I am swapping buttons with a few bloggers so we can all gain some exposure. If would like to then email me at shivani@glamdiaries.com

    Happy New Year! :)

    ~ Shivani (GlamDiaries.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm bit put off by the small size but oh, the colours are so warm and lovely!

    rubyduchess.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x