Wednesday, 4 December 2013

JEWEL EYES



I swear I bang on about this every single post, but I just can't get enough of winter and the colours that come alongside it. Today I'm focusing on the jewel tones that resurface every year. If a full on eyeshadow look is not for you (as demonstrated below in a Charlotte Tilbury Article from December Glamour mag) why not test the waters with an intense eyeliner?

The first of the quintet I have chosen, is the Avon Glimmertsick Eyeliner in Twilight Sparkle. I'm not even a blue kind of girl, but this beautiful shimmering navy makes me want to slather cool tones all over my lids until the cows come home.

Secondly, a very affordable £1.50 3 in 1 contour liner from MUA in Smoked Plum. These are so creamy (albeit not extremely long lasting) that still pack a punch with gorgeous shades. For that price, I'd recommend getting the whole line to see you through the party season (or perhaps that's a little excessive).

If you're after something a little warmer, then you might like to get your hands on the Gosh Velvet Touch Eye Pencil in Renaissance Gold.  Gosh - you do liners and polishes very well. This is a rather yellow silky gold that has super longevity so it won't slip down your face if you're out all night long. I'm very tempted to test a few more of these (maybe a more brown/bronze shade) because the quality and formula is outstanding for £4.99. This was a complete underdog; I had low expectations if I'm honest until I gave it a swatch!

We're now back to Avon, with a gorgeous emerald shade that looks incredible on brown eyes. Emerald Glow is utterly perfect: long lasting, intensely pigmented, smooth, creamy... the list continues. I'm not one for too much colour, but boy does this look amazing on the lower lashline. You can see it in action in my Autumn Look post.

The last of the bunch is another MUA Extreme 3 in 1 Contour Liner. I'm sure this is Sage, a silver/grey/taupe/blue/green hybrid that I can imagine would suit all eye colours. Once again, the lasting power of these is not the best but for £1.50, the pigmentation is great. This is a lovely unique one to add to your collection.

There you have it - the few eyeliners that are leading my curiosity into the world of colour.  I don't think I'm reading to go all neon and yellow yet, but for the moment, I'm very content with my smoky variations.

Megan x

6 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous, I always stick with the same thing everyday so it'd make a nice change especially for Xmas xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree Jessica!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. wow, these pencils are gorgeous! i totally agree with you, I love winter and all the colours it brings along! definitely is my season!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous rich and sumptuous shades, beautiful heavy party look! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love these shades especially Avon's Emerald Glow! Great picks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these colours- I think metallics look beautiful at Christmas time! My favourite from your picks has to be the Avon Pencil in Twilight Sparkle, it's such a deep rich blue which I would definitely love to try! Alice xx
    aliceinthelookingglass.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x