Friday, 27 December 2013

CHRISTMAS/BOXING DAY BEAUTY HAUL

Over the last few days/week, I've accumulated many beauty related items in the form of sale buys and gifts from friends and family. So, here is my 'what I got for Christmas/boxing day sale haul'. As you would expect, a mini disclaimer here - I'm very grateful for EVERYTHING I received and I'm not here to brag whatsoever!

 


From my nan and granddad, I received the Lush FUN Gift set, which contains three mini chunks of FUN, and another Candy Mountain bubble bar - my absolute favourite scent ever! The little purple soap bar was from my grandparents too, which smells lovely and will be put to good use.

From my parents, I felt very spoilt. Firstly, I got the Pixi Glow Tonic, which I had chosen on our trip to London, as well as the Silk Nourishment Masque. I'm having a huge skin care kick at the moment so these were very well accepted amongst my bathroom. Also on the skin care front, the Origins Mask Marvels set. This contains three cult masks that I cannot wait to trial and discover. I've used the overnight mask already and was very impressed. Also, the packaging is adorable!

In addition to that, I unwrapped the Bobbi Brown Beauty Rules book which contains some incredible before and after shots, as well as the Kim Kardazzle Palette (which is downright gorgeous), Kardashian Beauty Cabana Bronze Bronzer, Emma Hardie Body Scrub (I chose this in TKMaxx - it was only £10!), Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and some H&M beauty goodies in my stocking.

The 'main event' from my parents was the 50ml Marc Jacobs Oh Lola! Perfume. This is literally my idea of the perfect scent - a light, fresh balance of fruity and floral. I had no idea this would be under the tree, and I may just have squealed a little when I saw the box. It now takes pride of place on my dressing table in all its beautifully packaged glory.

The last bits were bargains from Boxing Day. For the first time I can remember, we actually braved the sales and went to the local town centre in search of some things; mainly the half price Boots sets. I snagged the Charlie Body spray gift set for £4, which contains two full sized sprays and a full size Revlon Girly nail polish. Being as I had wanted to purchase Girly for a very long time, I could not leave this on the shelf. The No7 eyeshadow set was £6, and contains two brushes (one of which I use daily to blend), and three single shades. I had this in mind before going in, so I was very pleased to see it still there, especially as it was so busy in the shop Lastly in Boots, a trio of Sanctuary Body Butters that only cost £5.

I had to take a look in TKMaxx, in which I discovered a Rodial Glamtox Kit. I've heard good things about the brand before, and knew it was somewhat expensive, so I took this to the checkout for a measly £12. I was so pleased to discover this actually retails at £35 after some online searching, and many full sizes of the minis inside are upwards from the fifty mark.

Finally, (isn't this a long one?) I found the last Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Perfume Set in Boots for £11.50 today (which is why it is not pictured). It contains a 30ml Eau de Parfum, 50ml Body Lotion and 5ml Rollerball.

So, that concludes my rather large haul. I did receive some other lovely non beauty related bits and bobs too, so as before, I am very pleased and appreciative with absolutely everything!

How was your Christmas?

Megan x

5 comments:

  1. Loving your haul! What a bargain from TK Maxx - I have seen so many people picking up such cheap stuff in there I need to go in to one store soon - there's a big one near my work and I bet they have a few gems makeup wise xx

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely lovely! I swear I have never partaken in Boxing Day sales but one day I will! :P

    Erin
    www.erinoxnam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh you have some lovely gifts there!i got some real techniques brushes for xmas too and i had never tried them before:)I'm now following your blog girlie:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Pixi Glow Tonic, always wanted to try it!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you lucky girl! you got some great things! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x