Tuesday, 5 November 2013

The Red Eye

Whether we like love it or loathe it, Autumn has arrived as I'm sure I've mentioned many a time in my posts. For me, there's no complaining. I adore the rich, jewel -like deep tones, my favourite of which is burgundy. It seems I'm not the only one either, as the magazine behind the images is actually Instyle, a great page with some ideas to set your head spinning about one of the most predominant colours of the season. Therefore, it was only fitting to share my new discovered love for a more adventurous eye combination.



As Mac had a short time period before Halloween of free delivery, I got my desperate mits on Cranberry, the most beautiful shade of shimmering...well... cranberry I suppose! Although most are frightened such colours will cause the eye area to look sore, I've found no problem at all with it. I would say that if you're worried about that, line your waterline and upper lashline with either black or brown and admire the end result.

A nice base is Prune Nocturne, one of the new cream eyeshadows from Bourjois. If you don't want to dive in at the deep end, and rather just dip your little toe into the water, this is the one to go for. Due to it being more of a brown/plum berry base it becomes more wearable; even better for those of you who are just wanting to subtly experiment with a minute amount of colour (me).

The best part? Popping them on together. My next stop is navy... now that's how you embrace Autumn.

Megan x

8 comments:

  1. Prune Nocturne looks lovely. I've always been scared of purchasing Cranberry as I am one of those people who thought it would make my eye look kinda sore but you're definitely making me want to purchase it as that swatch looks gorgeous! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that when I got it too, but worn the right way it is stunning!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Both gorgeous colours! Especially the cranberry!
    Alexrocksxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving these colours currently!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I really need to bite the bullet and give these shades a go, I've been scared it will look weird on me but I won't know til I try!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Jenn! Give it a go :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. wow...lovely, I have the cranberry shade too...love it

    xoxo
    The Blah Queen
    The Blah Queen recently posted Blue Smokey Eyes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x