Thursday, 7 November 2013

THE £50 BODY BUTTER

Okay, I'm lying *slightly*, it actually costs £49.

Perhaps more widely know for her cleansing balm, adored by everyone and their grandmothers, Emma Hardie has been a brand I have drooled over for a while. Those luxurious gold pots had me weak at the knees, but it would never be realistic for me to purchase anything in my tight budget... sigh. You might want to read this next part twice: I paid £12 for a full size tub in TKMaxx. Firstly it was half price at £24.99, which was further halved once again leaving me no choice but to purchase it. A few weeks on, I've gathered a some thoughts and whether it is worth the extortionate price tag.


Packaging wise, albeit a bit bulky, this is not a cheap tub on my bathroom shelf, rather, a luxury ornament. Sneakily, the plastic magnifies the centre, inclining there's more product inside than the 200ml. Sadly, I don't think this is practical for travelling with in the slightest. I suppose you could decant it, but we all know that would ruin things completely.

Housed inside, is a very thick, almost sudocream like substance. The scent is herbal, and supposedly similar to that of the moringa cleansing balm, however I obviously cannot truthfully compare as the ability to smell items through my computer screen has not been invented yet... another sigh. I must admit, I'm not too fond of the fragrance, but I'm pleased it's not overpowering. In my head, I'd imagined it to be more of a creamy, milky scent so that was a slight disappointment but nothing too major.

On the skin, there are no complaints. A little goes an extremely long way, and as you massage it into your limbs it almost becomes thinner in texture because of the warmth. I had also expected it to be tacky for hours, but this was most certainly not the case. Within 10 or so minutes, it has absorbed completely. My skin is so silky-soft, most likely the most moisturised it has ever been.

So... would I repurchase at £49? Although if I was a millionaire, the answer would change, it's currently a no. However, if I find it in TKMaxx again for a more reasonable amount less than £20, I'd definitely take it to the tills once more.

Megan x

7 comments:

  1. What a great tkmaxx find! I doubt i would ever pay £50 for a body butter though!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a massive bargain find! The best I've found was a Korres moisturiser for £7.99 and some Nip+Fab for £7.99 too, yours wins! xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good find! I've heard good things about it but I can't even begin to justify £50 for a moisturiser. xx

    blinkeredbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. TKmaxx is so amazing for bargains! I've found some real gems in there! Good find, I am definately popping into my local store tomorrow. I've been dying to try some EH products!
    Love your blog I'd love for you to check out mine!
    AlexRocksXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh what a bargain!! Love finding such finds in TKMaxx, tbh I don't go in there often enough!!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes you really do get what you pay for! It was super lucky that you got such a great deal, that's why I love TK Maxx :)

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x