Friday, 29 November 2013

PARTY SEASON NAILS

When this time of year comes around, so does the Christmas parties. If you've got one to attend, or simply want to make yourself a little more festive, here are some of my favourite glitzy polishes for Christmas and the New Year.


To start with, my first ever OPI, Metallic for Life, that still holds a place in my heart! (Very sad, I know.) It's a very pretty opaque black jelly base with silver glitter, that I wear all the time. It's a little harder to get hold of as it was from the Nicki Minaj collection a year or so back, but I've spotted a fair few on eBay and Amazon, so get shopping!

If you're on the hunt for a nail lacquer that is a little more versatile, to turn every manicure into a party, then NYX 24k Glitter is a good one to try. The clear base and gold glitter mean that there are lots of ways to layer it, or you could try a personal favourite of mine, and do a glitter gradient - what ever takes your fancy.

A bargainous polish to check out is Max Factor Fantasy Fire, at only £3.99. If you've ever read a nail blog, you should probably be aware about the supposed Clarins 230 dupe. (If you google it and find one selling for $100+, I wouldn't be surprised.) This one sure is a chameleon, changing from purple to red, to green to gold. Layer it over Barry M Indigo and you'll have people mesmerised by your colour changing fingertips!

Essie Leading Lady is probably one of the most Christmas themed of the bunch. It's a rather opaque elegant red with glitter as well, one of the reasons why this could possibly be my Christmas manicure on December 25th - we'll see!

Carrying on with red, is Deborah Lippmann Through The Fire. This is glittery free, but uber shimmery, to the point where it has a 'glowy' appearance. Once again, a very festive shade!

I couldn't not include a Revlon polish, so here is Rainforest. This is completely unique in my approximately 250 bottle strong nail polish collection. The base is green with flaky green shimmer, that looks very glossy on the nails. A more wearable approach to green nails I think!

Lastly, another Max Factor. This is Red Bronze, a foil-type copper colour which I use time and time again, and that's a rare thing for me to do! I can't think of much more to say, other than I get a lot of use out of this one!

It's always at this time of year I get more into nails, mainly because of all the new glitter additions that grace the shelves of Boots and Superdrug. Behold, I'm not done shopping for them yet...

Megan x


1 comment:

  1. Yay I love this post! I recently did a nail art Christmassy one I don't know why but it just seems to fit in perfectly! Love a bit of nail sparkle xxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x