Wednesday, 27 November 2013

LUSH STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT

A trip to Lush at the weekend meant that another Christmas buy was in order. Star Light Star Bright, the most glitter cover bath product I've ever seen with a scent akin to that in Dragons Egg - citrus, almost sherbet like.








The actual product is a large star, covered in silver sparkles. If you're not a fan of glitter in your bath, then perhaps this won't be for you, but I can claim that the particles didn't transfer nor stay on my skin whilst in or after I used it in the bath. However, pick it up in the store and your finger will be covered in silver!

This is a bath melt, which I believe is designed to be a skin softening, nice smelling item, that makes the water feel silky. It took a good 5 or so minutes to melt away, and that was with a bit of squishing and breaking. As you can see in the above images, it was a slow process as it didn't fizz like a bath bomb would (I was not expecting it to). Because the glitter drifted away, I was left with a cream coloured shape which looked kind of boring, until the blue was unleashed from the centre. This made the water a tinged aqua shade, but nothing too drastic at all.

I didn't notice that this did much for my skin. It felt the same when I got out as when I got in, and the scent was just kind of average. It didn't linger for long really, which is a shame because that's one of the things I love the most about Lush products. I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed by this one. I think if it was a bubble bar I would have preferred it more, because I love the scent, shape, size and colour, just sadly not how it performed!

Megan x

(My mum also said a day after I used it that the bath was quite greasy, just thought that was worth adding!)

3 comments:

  1. Sad to hear this was disappointing. I've never used any LUSH bath bombs but the reviews on blogs are always kind of meh so itts hard to want to purchase! Love how sparkly the star was to begin with! Xxx

    www.squidgymoments.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glitter in the bath but I chose golden wonder over this as I picked this up to smell it in the store and ended up with glittery fingers (and pants, and bag). Golden wonder leaves pretty little golden stars in the bath that pretty much melt away to nothing.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this online I was desperate to try it but it looks far too glittery for me! It's a shame it didn't do too much for you skin either! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x