Thursday, 14 November 2013

ANASTASIA LAVISH PALETTE

I think I should probably thank my nan for getting me this whilst in New York, but moreover I'm jealous that she got to experience Sephora as well as see the sights of supposedly one of the best cities in the world. Oh well, I'm content enough with my new Anastasia Lavish palette.

Housed inside a slightly impractical but unique box, are 10 eyeshadows, one mini liner, a mini brow pencil, full size tweezers (which on their own are $28, whilst the palette retails at $38) and a double sided decent quality brush. I don't mind the prints on the outside, they're very different to anything else I own but the only downside I have is that it's cardboard, and the palette has a plastic slip to protect the shadows which for a while will retain general wear and tear, but could have trouble keeping in tact whilst floating around in my makeup bag.



Inside you can be sure to be full of ideas, as a little booklet is included with tutorials from ladies who do YouTube which is lovely!




The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is very nice. Although some are a little chalkier than others, all have decent colour pay off, especially Pink Sapphire and Black Diamond. My favourites are...:  Antique (makes silver so much more wearable), Rum Cake, Sienna and Pink Sapphire. Sienna is an autumn staple, being a warm rust shade that is the perfect partner to blend out an autumn copper look.


As briefly mentioned, you get 4 items in the base of the box. The tweezers are the best I've ever owned, they grab every hair so easily with no annoying fumbling around, pinching your own skin. The brow pencil is a nice addition, as such product is not something I tend to use often so a miniature size is very handy to have, because I'd never finish a full stick. The colour is perfect for me too I must add. Thirdly, the liner which is incredibly pigmented, dark and long wearing. I'm very tempted to buy the Christmas set of these to try out some more shades! Finally, last but not least, the brush. It's double sided so slightly hard to store, but the bristles are both very soft and blend eyeshadows like a dream. I'm a very big fan of the smaller, tapered pencil style side for the lash line as it is the perfect size without being too much.

For my first Anastasia product, I've got a good impression so far. The value of this nifty set is unbelievable, not to mention a complete staple for numerous eye combinations to see you through the colder seasons.

Buy it from Cult Beauty - link.

Megan x

4 comments:

  1. This is such a nice palette and I've had my eyes on it for a while.. Gonna check the link, but I'm not sure they ship to Norway :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find somewhere to get it from, some brands should make themselves more widely available!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely gorgeous, beautiful colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nothing like anything else I own!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x