Monday, 7 October 2013

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?

I'm off on holiday soon, and I'm starting to get excited at the fact that I can finally use all of my summer products properly and put them to the test. Well, that, and because I do like an all inclusive buffet...! Anyways...


For my dark circles, I can't live without my Bobbi Brown Corrector. I've hit pan, which says it all. To go with it, I'll be taking Mac Moisturecover Concealer in NW15 - the best concealer for my under eyes I've found, plus it's bang on the right shade for me so I can always do some mixing with the following product if I get a tan. If I get a tan, I'm taking the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. It's too dark for me, so hopefully I can wear it as I bronze up a bit! I'm also taking the Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets. I'll pack some in my hand luggage too, as these are life savers! You can imagine in 25+ degrees whether that my nose won't be oil-free. Powder is sometimes too heavy, which is why I'm refraining from packing any at all.

Previously, I didn't get on with the Revlon Baby Stick in Sunset as I think it's best for use on bare skin. Hopefully with a tan I can salvage my relationship with Sunset and make it work on holiday. For something less dewy and more of a pool-side long wearer, it's the E.L.F HD Blush in Superstar - a super pigmented coral pink liquid blush, something I can see being a gem in the hot weather. Also because I think it'll go nice with my lip products, I'm packing Topshop Prime Time Cream Blush, a clean blue pink cream to powder formula. Lastly, Sleek Face Form, a holy grail item of mine that had to come with me. It has a highlight, blush and contour so I've got multiple products housed in a super slim compact.

My staple eye product of the moment,  Benefit Bikini-Tini Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow. It had to come with me, as it's a perfect base for every shadow under the sun! A mono I'll be jetting off with is
17 Walnut Pearl Eyeshadow - I'm on the lookout for Mac Woodwinked at the airport so this is more of an alternative. It's a very pretty shimmery brown, as I felt I needed some slight sparkle because most shades I'm taking will be matte. Speaking of matte, the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette contains 5 and one highlight called Venus which is practically perfect for everything! It's also super compact and easy to travel with. If I'm feeling adventurous (which is highly unlikely but a girl cannot pack light), I've included the Dior Eyeshadow Duo in Purple Look - a car booty buy, possibly the best bargain I've found all year. There's a matte purple and a shimmery pink in case neutrals aren't what I fancy for the evening. For a base, there's the Collection Eyeshadow Pencil in Vintage Blush, that's also great on its own and very long lasting. Lastly on the eye front, I had to bring the Max Factor Clump Defy Waterproof - mascara smudges on me anyway, so it was compulsory for me to bring something that won't give me panda eyes as I jump in the pool. It's also a fabulous all-round lengthening, volumising and defining product.

For lip balm, I wanted something trusty, moisturising and multipurpose. The thisWorks Turbo Balm sprung to mind, as I can apply it to dry patches as well as my lips. For colour, it had to be the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains - I think these have quite mixed reviews, but they're the best lip products I've ever tried which is why I'm taking 3 - Honey, Rendezvous and Lovesick. A nice variety of shades!
There you have it... what I'll be taking on my holiday. The bag itself was sent from Gosh.
My brushes are currently dirty, which is why they're not included but for an insight, there's my EcoTools Kabuki Collection, a few Real Techniques and a No.7 Blending Brush.
It all fits snuggly and my case is well under my limit, which means there's no stopping me from 'expanding' my collection a little with prices minus VAT at the Duty Free! If you'd like a 'skin and body travel products' post I'd love to write one, I've purchased things especially to take.
Megan x

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome looking makeup bag! I can see lots of bright colours and some good products in there :)

    Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I think I slightly over packed but I'm sure we all do that!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x