Thursday, 10 October 2013

The Best of the Nudes

In terms of nail colour, nude polishes are so versatile because they can be worn from Winter to Summer and inbetween. Therefore, I thought I'd show you the best...


Gosh High School Flirt £5 - This nude is more of a pinky tone compared to the others you'll see above. It's very glossy and almost the perfect manikin-hands shade for me, as well as being relatively long lasting and easy to apply, usually opaque within 2 coats.

MeMeMe Ambitious £4.50 - An adorable 'ballerina' shade if you ask me. It's a pink nude, but seriously opaque with a fab wide brush. I've had this for a few years now, and still love it! Can we also take a moment for the packaging? MeMeMe does that so well!
 
OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh £10.50 - This was from the Holland collection I believe, but I'm sure you'll find it somewhere hanging around on the interent. Its a weird nude colour... yes, it's a beige, but it is has quite a taupey grey tone as well and looks like it has green in there somewhere... call me crazy! This one is my favourite out of the four, because of its almost one coat formula, perfect brush and longevity. Perfection.
 
Barry M Cappuccino £2.99- If you've got Mushroom, Cappuccino is the long lost taupe sister. The shade is quite dark, but I'd still class it as a neutral shade. There's some purple in that bottle, which looks so elegant and regal on the nails. It's also the cheapest and applies like a dream!
 
And my nude nail addiction continues...
 
Megan x





6 comments:

  1. Lovely post!
    xoxo
    http://myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Christine!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I love nude colours on the nails, all of my nudes are quite pink toned though - I'd really like to try the more brown based ones, especially for autumn! xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the more taupey shades too, they're all so elegant!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I have never had a proper nail colour, the closest I have is one by revlon I can't remember the name of :/ I definitely want to get more colours
    -Kookii
    The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! If you've got access to Barry M polishes, I'd definitely say that they're amazing for expanding your collection, as they're great quality and super cheap!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x