Monday, 21 October 2013

MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation

Matte foundations are not my cup of tea. With relatively dry skin, I like my base to be glowy, dewy and all kinds of natural looking healthiness. Therefore, you can imagine my excitement seeing that the MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation was on offer at £3, usually £5. If I'm honest, my expectations were low. I didn't expect anything more than a slight oily tint, but I was oh so wrong!

You can see that I have two shades, 'Porcelain' and 'Golden'. The shade in the middle which is not featured is called 'Beige'. There's quite a large difference between the last 2, and something else to point out is that there is no colour for darker skin tones, which is quite unfair.


 The tube is 35ml, but feels like it's only half full which is rather strange. The style of packaging is ok, not the best but for £3 it should be what's inside that counts. I have no qualms with it however, it does the job well but sometimes dispenses too much product.
The actual product inside the tube is definitely a creamy, glowy liquid. It dries to a natural, quite dewy finish which is my preferred look. To apply, I prefer my hands as I find it gives the most streak-free coverage. It's quite a light foundation, covering minor imperfections but unless you only suffer from redness here and there, a concealer is mostly needed to hide dark circles or blemishes. I found it lasted surprisingly well, fading throughout the day but mostly retaining patchiness and keeping even. When I arrive home from school, there are still traces of the product but nothing dramatic, therefore I'd say the lasting power is 6-7 hours, bearing in mind I don't tend to powder or use primer (naughty me).
Overall, it just goes to show that the saying 'you get what you pay for' has its exceptions, this being one of them.
Megan x

4 comments:

  1. I have this and was surprised at just how good it actually is. I use it when at uni as I find it's natural but still gives me a little coverage x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to use this foundation for those days where i just want a little bit of coverage and this does the job perfectly! lovely review :) xx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good for the price1

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x