Thursday, 24 October 2013

Mac Amber Lights Eyeshadow

I broke my Mac barrier a few months back with a couple of blog sale items, but today I present to you the first product I got from an actual counter. Meet Amber Lights, my new eye love interest.
 
 
 
 
I had originally wanted Cranberry, however as that was out of stock I went for the next eyeshadow that caught my eye. Coincidentally autumnal, this shade is perfect for the season, being a coppery golden hue that is intensely shimmery, not to mention beautifully pigmented. In the eye look below (which I will also be describing in more detail, along with a lip combination) Amber Lights is displayed on the lower lash line, and pretty much over the entire lid. There's a few other shadows used but I'll leave that until my post explaining Autumn Look #2.
 
 
To conclude, I'm super impressed with Amber Lights. It lasts all day, has no problems in the pigment area and the packaging is sleek. I don't think Mac eyeshadows will overrun my collection due to the rather extortionate price of now £12.50 for a single, but for now, I'm pleased to own one.

7 comments:

  1. This looks like such a gorgeous colour! MAC shadows blend so so well, although I definitely agree with the price tag thing, they are a bit pricey just for single shades!

    Sophs xx
    The Sopho Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours and quality are gorgeous, but even the quads are an excess of £30, and when you could get a UD Naked palette for a few pounds more, I couldn't justify it! I'd like to build a palette though, maybe one day!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I'd always shy away from shades like this but you've made it look so subtle and pretty! xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you very much Jade!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. thanks for tweeting me you link :) lovely blog! it's hard to believe i've never even swatched this colour haha, looks great with your colouring though

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I love the autumn time, as I find more shades suit my eyes and skin better, like burgundy, copper and green!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. such a beautiful shade, I need this shade in my collection! :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x