Saturday, 5 October 2013

Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets

Before I get in with the review, I would like to mention that these infamous sheets are blinking hard to find. They were in Asda, went down to 20p, then disappeared. They were in Tesco, went down to 72p, disappeared and then came back at a whopping £2.99. No, I will not pay that. They were even in Boots and Superdrug, but disappeared. Kleenex, your magic acts are not funny. You left me panicked that I would never find my beloved blotting sheets again - mean.
 
 
Therefore, I literally smiled gormlessly at my iPad when an iMessage from Lauren came through, saying her mum had found them in Home Bargains for around 29p, and was kind enough to get me a pack. I kid you not, I got a further 10 packets today. Sad? Me? No...
 
Now, I've given you the back story, I better make this review good haha!
 
In each pack there is 50 sheets, which last me around a month, perhaps a little longer. The packet is very slim, so it's easy to fit in my pocket at school to avoid shine throughout the day. They are dispensed through a sticky patch, which adheres to the sheet and pulls it out from the packet as you open it. Hard to explain, but very efficient. Unlike other blotting sheets, these ones don't have any powder on them. They just absorb the oil, which you can see below. It's quite disgusting but fascinating at the same time...
 
 
The darker areas/dots on the sheet are the oil. This was a blot from my nose, a few times. The most interesting part is looking at what's on the sheet... it's quite horrible but a good way to amaze your friends I've found! They leave your skin feeling normal again - minus the oil. Another great thing is that they do not alter or smudge makeup underneath them.
 
Obviously, I'm a girl, but there's no reason why a boy couldn't use these either. Sometimes I want to give some to people on the street and say 'BLOT! You'll be amazed!'
 
Megan x
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have loads of packs of these in my bedroom at my parents house. I think my mum must have bough them as I don't remember buying them. I wondered what they were for. I didn't read the packet. Now having read your review I want to go to my parents house and get them to try them out.

    Lovely post

    Lorilee

    http://lorileeslondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorilee! I hope you enjoy using them!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Great post! Thanks for sharing!:)
    I have these, but i haven't used them yet...

    Lovely blog, i'm a new follower!:)
    Please visit my blog too..

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you like them when you try them :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I received these as a sample once and thought they worked great I have oily skin x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with my slightly dry skin, I found them so helpful and a great alternative to using powder!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I love these! I always have a pack in my bag

    http://peace-loveandmake-up.blogspot.co.uk/

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x