Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Holiday Haul

Although I'm feeling the post holiday blues now, last week I had a lovely time relaxing in Cyprus with my family. I had saved up for a while to spend some money on more high end products in the airport, as well as one thing from the in flight catalogue and some great magazine freebies. I also took the pictures from the balcony edge, which I absolutely love! I wish I'd have taken more, however I didn't have my endless supply of beauty products there to photograph sadly.


I had £10 WHSmiths voucher, so I got a couple of magazines. For £2, there was Glamour, in which there was a free Eyeko liner that currently rivals my beloved Barry M alternative. This stuff is incredible, and so easy to use. For the same price, Instyle Magazine had some great Ren mini freebies. I used these throughout the holiday, but didn't think they were too special. My skin is completely knackered from the swimming pool chlorine anyway at the moment!


Having never travelled with my own hand luggage before, I didn't have a clue about liquids. Therefore, I took the easy option and just bought a Simple Light Moisturiser and a Rich Moisturiser (it was 3 for 2) and a Blistex Raspberry Lemonade lip balm from the tiniest Boots I've ever seen. In the airport, there was a Victoria's Secret store. I've never been to one before, and us British girls are quite deprived in terms of pink, gorgeous smelling goodness so you can imagine how restrained I had to be in order to not take the whole store with me on the plane. I would have loved to though...The only item I purchased, was the Sheer Love perfume. This was £9.20, and I did get two (*hint to Lauren there*).


There was a generous sized Mac store in the airport as well, in which I was after Soft and Gentle. I was disappointed when they didn't have it, nor Cranberry eyeshadow, but that didn't deter me from purchasing Amber Lights. Be still my beating heart, this is crushed autumn leaves in a pan. With the duty free, this was £10.50. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know how much I moan about my dark circles. At £16.55, Benefit Erase Paste found its way onto the till and magically managed to part me with my cash. Hopefully, if any of you would like, after I've spent some more time testing it I'll do a comparison between Bobbi Brown Corrector and itself.

The only beauty related item as such that was actually bought in Cyprus, was a Barbara Hoffman brush. This was 6.55 euro, and I had in mind to use it on my lower lashline. It's reasonably dense and a good size, so far so good.

Not photographed, but still purchased from the inflight magazine, was the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. This cost me £20, so I saved a fiver there. Who wouldn't say no to saving £5?

Though it excites me to look at what I've got, there's that pang of guilt when I add up the total. Ah well, I haven't done this is such a long time!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try Amber Lights it looks so pretty! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a sucker for buying things at the airport, although you only save a bit it feels like so much more! Always use it as an excuse to buy too much haha. I love the mac eyeshadow, amber lights looks so pretty and such a lovely shade for the festive season!

    Kassie xo

    www.styledevoured.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Erase Paste! I should really get round to replacing mine, I've not found another concealer like it!


    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x