Sunday, 13 October 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

Around a year ago, when I first started to properly become interested in beauty blogs, youtube and makeup, one of the first products I purchased was the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundations. With rave reviews all around, I knew it would be a safe choice and one year on, having almost finished the bottle and reminding myself to buy another, my thoughts have been gathered and I can confirm that yes, it's as good as everyone says.


The amount of product seems less than other foundations because of the bottle's tall, thin shape, but it's a standard 30ml size for £10.99. The pricing is the higher side of the high street, but worth a few extra pounds. With various fruits and berries scattered on the bottle, you can only expect how nice it smells inside. I have to sniff this (in a non-weird way, I promise) every time before I squirt a pump (behold, it has a pump hurray!) or so onto my hand. If the scent isn't something you particularly like, you'll be glad to hear that it disappears almost immediately when buffed into the skin.


My chosen colour is the lightest of either 5 or 6, which is 51. I use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, a sponge or my bare hands to blend. All 3 work well, but my favourite has to be the sponge (damp). Consequently, more product is used but the finish is so beautifully natural and dewy I wouldn't have it any other way. You can tell it's a serum, because of the creamy, light texture which I'm finding hard to put into words. Although the coverage is on the lighter side of the scale, it can be built up to more of a medium point depending on preference. I find this wears for around 6-8 hours, bear in mind I'm very lazy and neither powder nor use primer but no doubt that should increase longevity if you choose to apply them as well.
I don't wear foundation everyday, but as it's practically one of three I own, I'm sure that's enough to tell you it's a good 'un.
Megan x


4 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to try this foundation for ages now! I tend to just stick to one foundation that I buy over and over (Double Wear) but recently I have been branching out and trying a few new ones. I'll definitely have to pick this up next time I'm shopping :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about Double Wear, is it good for dry skins?

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. This is my favourite foundation! I tried the original healthy mix and really disliked it so wasn't sure about this one at first but it's perfect.

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x