Saturday, 19 October 2013

Barbie Pink Nails

It might be approaching Autumn, but I'm not quite finished with the bright colours of Summer, as you can probably tell by my nails. The shade painted all over was Gosh Bubblegum Pink, a firm favourite of mine for a few years now. It's such a flattering shade in that it makes the skin appear more tanned - always a bonus. Two coats was all it took to achieve opacity, but of course, a manicure is never complete if there isn't an accent nail.
To emphasis the ring fingers (and thumbs) I applied one coat of Urban Outfitters Ice Cream, a shimmering pink topcoat with an array of iridescent glitters and teeny pinch of gold. I call them my Barbie nails, and they seem popular with my friends and family too, with them giving me compliments on how nice the colour is. To give it a diamond-like shine, I used Essie Good to Go, but looking at the above image it seems to have given me some shrinkage. Hmm...
You may also notice my slightly rounded nail shape. I have been filing my nails square from the get-go, but after some frustrating chips, peels and breakages, I filled them au-circular and I actually love them. They're more flattering on my very long fingers and large hands!
Megan x

9 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty shade, you've got to love a bit of pink! I have polka dots on my ring finger today to emphasis them, I love this trend!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't think I can ever paint my nails without something on my ring finger haha!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. this looks really pretty, and your so right no manicure is complete without an accent finger :)

    Frankie Boo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour is gorgeous. Loving the glitter too :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the colour x Great post xx

    littered-lipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous shade of pink! And I love how you added the sparkle to just two fingers :D
    Really pretty! :)
    Kammi
    xx

    http://www.beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x