Monday, 16 September 2013

Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask

Sachets of masks were all I used to buy. After realising how much you waste and the savings of buying a full size tube, I caved and purchased my first ever of the kind - Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask.
 

 
The actual product is described as a 'warming charcoal treatment', which you can clearly see and feel when you squeeze some out and rub it in. The texture is thick and luxurious, a grey shade with smaller dark grey bits. The scent is quite earthy and natural, which I don't mind to be honest. Despite the mask being so heavy (not in a negative context though), it washes off as a milk. Genius!

 
The 'thermal' part of this product was what caught my attention. I'd used a self heating mask before which gives you a surge of warmth that is like heaven on your skin as nights get colder. It claims that 'this self heating mask helps to open up the pores so the charcoal and kaoli clay can help draw out the impurities from deep within the skin'. Now, I'm no scientist, so I don't know whether that's correct, but I've not had one new blemish since using this. My skin isn't exactly acne prone, but I can suffer from the odd pesky spot from time to time. I know I'm lucky in that sense, but my skin scars so easily that past imperfections can look like new ones, which is so frustrating and hard to cover with concealer.

Sadly, this mask hasn't helped scarring massively in the time I've used it (around a month or so now), however it does make my skin feel very soft after use. It feels 'purified', in that my face doesn't feel tight or irritated; just fresh, clean and supple.
 
The price is £10.50 from Boots, which is about the middle ground in terms of price on the highstreet/drugstore.
 
Once my tube has run out, I will definitely repurchase this. I look forward to the weekends and Wednesdays when I use this!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds quite good, will have to give it a go soon!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on the look out for a decent product from The Sanctuary range as I was disappointed by their cleanser! I do want to do try this now, warming face masks can't go wrong!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, which one was that? I agree, if it warms on its own I'm all over it haha!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. it sounds like a great product:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds great for if you're suffering from the occasional spot now and again! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ih my gawdd, this sounds epic! I've never tried a mask that self heats, I'm definitely going to have to try this! Thanks for bringing it to my attention :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I want to try more self-heating masks, they're lush on your skin!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for a good face mask, might give this a go. Sounds like a great product and it's not too expensive! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not at all actually, and I caught it on offer for a third off and sometimes there's 3 for 2 going on!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x