Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

One cosmetic item I'm not partial to hoarding is foundation. I own two, which includes the one you'll hear about further today, Revlon Nearly Naked, and Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. I've learnt that research is key when buying a new base item, and I'm pleased to report that both foundations are used often and take pride of place in my makeup bag.
Some days, I have more imperfections than I care to cover with concealer, which is when I whip out my bottle of this stuff. For £8.99, it's hardly bank breaking but it is fair to say that for drugstore, that's of the higher end. The bottle is a thick, clunky glass which adds a couple of pounds onto the visual value of the product. I must admit I love it when something looks more expensive than it is - who doesn't?
I would have much preferred a black cap over white purely so that it doesn't get as dirty as quickly whilst hovering in my makeup bag. We all know that a grubby orange cap isn't exactly glamorous. Fom looking at the packaging, I instantly connote purity, and definitely nearly-nakedness.
Although I love Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for the all-round glow factor, this is much more suited for when I need more coverage and a longevity which will see me out from the beginning of the day to the end. For my skin, it does a fabulous job of covering bits and bobs I'd rather not have glaring in peoples faces, and evening skin tone. Sufficiently, I find that it keeps my skin looking more flawless for around 8-9 hours. I say 'more' because this isn't a photo-ready, blank canvas type of base. It's sheerer and more natural than that, which is all I ask for when on the hunt for a school-suitable product.

10 comments:

  1. Seems great! Unfortunately they don't sell Revlon where I am from :(
    thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I'm sure there's some other foundations which you can get your hands on which are just as good :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I just recently bought this, and I completely agree with you! This foundation is fantastic.

    http://melissapcooper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but love lighter coverage foundations. There's nothing worse than pretty young girls with flawless fresh skin covering it all up under layers of thick, heavy makeup! Great blog post.

    :)

    morethanpinkglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I mostly go for lighter coverage too, using conceale for areas I would like it slightly higher. Thank you!x

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Really want to try this!! I use the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and I love it but I definitely agree with you when it comes to longevity!!

    Great post!!

    Katrina X

    http://history-neverrepeats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Bourjois lasted me the day, it would be my holy grail for sure! Thank you Katrina :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I love the Colourstay and wanted to try this one, Great review. Might give it a try.

    Rumbie
    Rumbielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try Colourstay too as I'm yet to buy a full coverage foundation!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x