Monday, 9 September 2013

My Favourite Wearable Pinks/Purples

As I'm sure the majority of you out there are, I am a neutral eyeshadow hoarder. As much as I'd love to apply blue eyeliner and step out of the house with it on, I just can't. I do have so much respect and confidence jealously in the people that do! Strange enough, I've fallen head over heels for pinks and purples in warmer tones, which is what I will be showing the best of today.



Dior Duo Matte Purple, Dior Duo Shimmery Pink, Maybelline Colour Tattoo Pink Gold, Collection Eyeshadow Stick Vintage Blush, MUA Shade 24, Mac Neo Nebula.

My favourite place to do some makeup shopping is by far the drugstore, being as there is no pushing sales assistants and the prices are great. What you see above ranges from £1, to around £20. Therefore you can be certain there's something to suit your budget.

Starting with the cheapest and the first purple shade I purchased, it's a MUA single eyeshadow in the Shade . The packaging on these isn't exactly sturdy but colour wise, it's a firm winner. For a very strange unknown reason, it swatches very pigmented with a finger, but not so easily with a brush. However, the colour is a beautiful shimmery purple leaning cranberry that gets heads turning when applied on the lashline or in the crease.

The Dior Duo is a favourite of mine for sure. I cannot get over the luxurious packaging, beautiful pigmentation and the fact I got it for £2 at a boot sale! The deep aubergine is the only matte shade featured, the perfect option for deepening the crease for something more sultry.
The second colour is a beautiful, light reflecting shimmering baby pink. The pigment in this is so crazy! I'm glad to say that this is a versatile shade as well, looking equally amazing with taupes and browns.

Mac is a brand that I rarely buy from, unless it is discounted. A bargainous blog sale buy, this eyeshadow in Neo Nebula was a steal at £5, from the Heavenly Creatures collection. Although it isn't exactly readily available, I would recommend considering buying if you do come across it as this thing is a whole look in one pan!

The only pencil product up there is one from Collection. I'm sure you've heard about their concealers, but boy you should open your eyes, and give the eyeshadow sticks some spotlight! The shade is Vintage Blush, a creamy, pigmented pale pink. Once these are set you can expect some 10 hours plus wear... seriously!

Lastly, no eyeshadow post would be complete without a Maybelline Colour Tattoo of some specification. This time, it's Pink Gold, which is nowhere near a gold tone but a staple pink. Using a ring finger, slick this onto your lids, give it a blend and that's it. I'm serious! Their longevity is incredible too, so it doubles as a priming base.
 
Next time I wear pinks or purples, I'll snap away with my camera and share it with you.
 
Megan x




16 comments:

  1. These shades are all beautiful! I can't pick a favourite, love them all!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for pink eyeshadows! I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo one and the Collection pencils are brilliant, I picked up a few including the pink one and I've been using them lots xx

    Imogen | the Bluebird & the Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some other shades of the Collection eyeshadow sticks, they're brilliant!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Argh! I want all of these so badly, but being a green eyed girl, pinks make my eyes look almost sore, purples aren't too bad I suppose on me... I'll stick with neutrals I guess..x
    Haha x

    Lauren x

    http://www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! I need that Dior duo :)
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never used to wear pinks because they kind of made me look like I've been crying, but I'm coming round to it at the minute and loving Maybelline's Colour Tatto in Pink Gold! I love the look of the Collection pencil too, it's gorgeous.

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people feel like they make them look like their eyes are sore, but worn in the right way they are stunning!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. Wow! The MAC eyeshadow looks aaaamazing! Lovely post hun! I'm a new follower :)


    Georgina
    www.georginaburnell.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Georgina!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. I can't believe how nice the MUA one looks :)

    I'm not a massive MUA fan, despite someone once saying that they were all I ever featured on my blog (I think it was because I mentioned the Undressed Palette twice lol).

    Louise x

    @staceysmum84

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Some of their bits are fab and others not so :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x