Sunday, 22 September 2013

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

I think we all know of some products that are so hyped, you question whether the rumours are true and it is the holy grail, superman item you've been searching for all of your life. Perhaps slightly dramatized, but there's one product for me that springs to mind, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.
 
 

The shade pictured above is 'Fair' which is a decent match on my very pale skin. At £4.19 each, if one shade isn't right for you, there's always the possibility of mixing and matching because of the uber cheap price.

I'll get the negatives out of the way first, as it's not something I'd recommend for use on the delicated eye area. Being such a thick consistency, it has a tendency to appear cakey which is where I prefer Mac Moisturecover. Continuing with that, it does enhance dryness so that is something to consider if you're prone to flaky areas.

As with any other concealer, I pop a little on wherever I feel needs a higher coverage, and then I blend it out using a ring finger. Sometimes I have to run a stippling brush or powder brush over the top to soften harsh, cakey edges which can occur.
  
Ultimately, I want my concealer to do what it says, and give high coverage and decent longevity. This item does just that and I would highly recommend it if you haven't found your perfect concealer yet.

Megan x 

14 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of this brand before! Definitely will give it a go now though, my skin is so pale and that price is wow! :-)

    Awesome review!

    http://thebigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked about this in one of my posts recently as it's awesome for the price!
    I only started using this concealer as I heard good things about it on other blogs :)
    Kammi
    xx

    http://beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I couldn't resist as everyone and their grandma uses it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Great review, I have this but I didn't really like it! I think I brought the wrong shade though!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, got the wrong colour! So annoying haha :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I love the collection under eye concealer, it is just as good as some of the high end ones I have tried. Will have to try this one out :-) KB xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that! My under eyes are a pain so I love trying new things out to see if they work :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Bought this a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. It's got amazing coverage and blends so so well.

    :)

    x


    morethanpinkglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have put it better myself!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. This is one of the most hyped items out there and I would LOVE to get my hands on it! I really only need a lot of coverage for my dark circles so it makes me feel like I'm not missing out that much if it doesn't work that well under the eyes. Thank goodness for MAC Pro Longwear concealer! :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! I love Mac Moisturecover for under the eyes :) My dark circles are awful! I'm like a zombie, even with 10 hours sleep!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x