Sunday, 1 September 2013

Car Boot Sale Haul #2

As car boot sale season is coming to a close soon (around October I'm lead to believe) I've been making the most of the events local to me. I must admit, 90% of the stuff sellers have on their stalls is complete and utter junk. However, recently the car boot sale bargain fairy has been on my side as you will see in the second hall from such trips.
 

 
For a teeny tiny 50p, I stumbled across a shimmery, nude single shadow from No7 in Wheatsheaf. An apparent dupe of Mac Naked Lunch, there was no doubt that this would be joining my many other similar shades in my makeup storage. A quick sanitize, and it's looking brand new.
 
Secondly, a Lancôme 7 colour eyeshadow palette for £1. Come the Autumn season, I am anticipating wearing the beautifully pigmented copper in the top left. The only let down is that the matte brown is so unpigmented, it's useless.
 
The huge Kiehls item you can see above is the Washable Cleansing Milk. As was the No7 shadow, I parted with 50p for this which is actually brand new and in brilliant condition.

For my mum, I found a bath sign with individual black and white letters for £1. She adores this so I'm glad that it looks lovely in our bathroom!
 
To conclude, I purchased a dainty, flower accent white wooden clock for £1. I have taken the batteries out of this because the ticking was driving me up the walls, nonetheless it takes pride of place on top of my makeup drawers.
 
I've adored browsing car boots these past few weeks, and although this is last weeks haul, I did go today only to queue for 30 minutes and find nothing at all. I suppose that's what keeps people like myself going back, if you don't go you might miss something. You never know what you'll find!
 
Megan x


















18 comments:

  1. I love bootfairs, it's always good when you find stuff there as you said most if the time it's junk so when you do it's a huge bonus :)

    Lovely blog, would love you to follow mine :)

    Www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's a great feeling when you find a diamond in the rough!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Ah so many great things! Bootfairs can be a goldmine sometimes! :)
    You sent me your link from the #bbloggers chat, so thank you, as I really enjoyed reading! :) - new follower here :)
    Carrie:Brighton xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you very much Carrie! I'm glad I found your blog too :-) Your comment has really made me smile!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. so many lovely things!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That eyeshadow palette is so cute! I want it! I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post! I love the clock, looks so lovely and for only £1 its a complete bargain! x

    Caitlin xo
    http://pinkimperfecti0ns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin! I couldn't leave it behind!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. omfg no way did you get a lancome palette for £1! I NEED to get myself down to a boot sale! x
    love the blog, keep it up!
    levisandlashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Try them out, some days they're hit and miss but it feels great to find a bargain - aren't I sad?! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. You got some great bargains, i love going to local car boots!

    Leigh xx

    www.obviousleigh.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first ever year I've been, and I love them too now!

      Megan x

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post... Would love a review on the cleansing milk :)! Love your blog!
    Chloe xx
    howdoyouwearthatx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to do that soon Chloe! Thank you!

      Megan x

      Delete
  10. We never have anything like this in my area - would love to go to a car boot sale!

    Ruby Duchess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x