Friday, 13 September 2013

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Bikini-Tini

You know when you are simply waltzing through House of Fraser, a little bit of cash in your pocket but no idea what to spend it on? That's how I came to buy this. A complete impulse, but definitely not a mistake.

The packaging drew me in like a magpie to gold in this case. An adorable cardboard box, which houses a glass pot that dons the most adorable scalloped edges. I cannot handle how blinking cute this is! Benefit - your packaging is amazing!
The shade Bikini-Tini is a perfect shimmery nude, not to pink nor too beige or white. I've always wanted Mac Bare Study but it looked too silvery in the store, but I blame that on the lighting. It swatches well and isn't too greasy or too dry, but I can't really explain the texture. It's slightly thinner than the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, for reference. To apply, I sometimes wear only this on the lid by using my ring finger to gently pat away, then take an eyeshadow brush to blend the edges. It's fool proof. If I was to do a 'no-makeup' makeup look, I would be sure to use this as it has such a delicate, pretty effect.
For £15.50, you get 4.5g of cream eyeshadow which is a fair amount. It's rapidly becoming a favourite product in my (rather jumbled) makeup bag and no doubt it could be a staple of yours too.
PS. I would also like to mention how lovely the lady at the counter was! After hearing such negative experiences dealing with staff at counters, she was absolutely lovely and even applied the product to my lid so it was essentially 'try before you buy'. We shared a conversation too which was nice, and not about the products for once!

18 comments:

  1. House of Fraser and Benefit get me every time! I love the sheen in this, its not too strong either. Nice to hear the assistant was nice too, that is one of my pet hates!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Belle! I like how it's quite subtle - no glitterball effect here.

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I just got this one and Bronze Have More Fun, and I'm really excited to try them. You're right, the packaging is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a nice shade, I love some browns! Now I'm googling all of the shades haha :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. UHHH this looks so good, i love benefit! such a gorgeous colour as well xxx


    www.fashionfumblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've tried of Benefit, I love it too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried a creaseless cream shadow before, this is such a pretty and wearable colour though! x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wearable, it would literally go with anything!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. This looks like such a lovely shadow! Looks perfect for a simple eye look, I think If I brought this product I'd wear it under liquid eyeliner with a small amount of mascara (: xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing that, it looks very pretty! Nice and natural :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. I have this eyeshadow! It is the perfect base, you only need a little smudge if you use it for a base or build it up to create a gorgeous smokey eye! Love this post, a big fan of these creaseless shadows from benefit.

    Gabi

    www.thebluebella.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabi! You're right, you can even sheer it out for a beautiful wash of nude shimmer. Love!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. This looks like such a beautiful shadow!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, even better in person!

      Megan x

      Delete
  8. This shade is gorgeous ! I haven't picked up any Benefit cosmetics in a while but this one looks gorgeous as I mention.
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! I only really own sample sizes from Benefit, this is my first full sized product :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  9. Love this! I'm definitly gonna pick up more of these - have the one in RSVP and LOVE it! Use is everyday

    Thanks for leaving me your link in tonight #bbloggers chat

    Mlhauken // Beauty, Lifestyle & a bit Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I'll have to look at swatches of RSVP!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x