Monday, 2 September 2013

Avéne Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water

If you're a regular tube user or a sports person, or just want to see what the fuss is about, you might want to try out the Avéne Eau Thermale Spring Water.

Available in 3 sizes ranging from £3.12 to £10.00, I have the 50 ml which will be your perfect hand bag companion, which also happens to have some very nice refreshing qualities. Like a friend that cools you down!
 
 
 
Be warned, once you try this you will become addicted. I'll list you the 3 ways I've been enjoying it, but there are many, many more...

 1. Although this shouldn't be mistaken for a setting spray as it is just water, I find a quick even spritz after your daily makeup is complete softens the occasionally harsh powder look and aids the foundation you're wearing into looking more like skin.

2. Whilst travelling or after sports activity. Okay, I'm kidding myself into thinking I'm some kind of Olympic athlete, but this stuff is like a breath of fresh air when you're feeling hot. The mist is so fine the water droplets are gone in seconds, so there's no need to worry about looking like you're perspiring even more than you were before.

3. After hair removal. Whether it's shaving, waxing, plucking, epilating, you can use this to calm red or irritated skin. I can tell you it's a god send on sore eyebrows!

Despite that I've listed only 3 ways I've used this product, there are many more which are written in the description on the Boots website. I must admit, I had very low expectations for this due to the fact that it is just water, but it's surprising what putting it in a spray can will do!

Megan x

 






10 comments:

  1. I just got this too, ive been using it for the same reasoning - slightly spritzing over my makeup to make it less powdery and just a general cool down (especially red skin tone)

    Lovely blog, would love you to follow mine back.

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nose and cheeks can get red in the day, I'll have to remember to take it around with me more!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Since taking up running recently, this is beginning to sound like a good idea! I saw someone else review it a few weeks ago, and I wasn't sure what I could use it for, but you've given me a lot of ideas now! :) I think I might try the small size.. I guess you're paying for the bottle and the spray effect rather than the water itself though.

    amyalaska | Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could build the stamina to take up running! It does spray out finely, unlike harsh 'mists' I've tried so I agree with you that you're paying for the bottle! Try out the small size, you might love it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I was actually really disappointed with this product because it didn't seem to soothe my skin like it claims too and I think it is way overpriced considering it is just water. The redness in my skin didn't go down at all and I definitely won't be repurchasing (I love the Avene hydrating cream and gentle gel cleanser though!!)

    Emilie x
    http://dreamlandofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's overpriced too Emilie, I mean the biggest size is £10.00?! I've never tried anything else from Avene but after you've mentioned the other two products I think I'll research some more reviews and perhaps try them out! I'm a skincare hoarder :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try this product now, especially after a leg wax!

    Great post! Lovely blog!

    Katrina X

    http://history-neverrepeats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Thank you so much Katrina :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I am using La-Roche-Posay one at the minute but fancy trying this xx

    lots of love, Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh La Roche Posay? I'll have to take a further look into that one, sounds good!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x