Saturday, 28 September 2013

Autumn Eyes w/ Nails

This morning, I though to myself 'Megan, try that green eyeliner you got a few days ago'. And I did just that. And I happened to like it. A lot.
 
 
I primed my eyes with the Avon Eye Primer, then applied a layer of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, with my ring finger. I then took a simple No.7 blending brush and softened the edges, before using a flat shader brush to pat on  a 17 eyeshadow in Walnut Pearl. In terms of the crease, I used the contour colour in the Sleek Face Form palette, a perfect matte warm brown. Once again, I picked up my blending brush and used window screen wiper/ circular movements to ensure there were no harsh lines. Now the fun part! I used the Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds Eyeliner in Emerald Glow to create quite a thick line underneath my lower lashes. This happened to be quite blue toned, instead of the olive shade I was expecting, so to solve that I used a shadow from a Frontcover palette I got donkeys years ago... sorry! Using my shader brush once again, I patted this on top of the eyeliner and squished a blending brush between my fingers and wiggled it on my lower lashline, a more careful way of blending without poking yourself in the eye. Ouch. I must say, the green is more noticeable and vibrant behind the camera.
To top it off, I applied a thin line of the Barry M Blink Precision Eyeliner Pen, which is a new favourite product of mine and something I do hope to review in the future. I avoided a wing because the applicator isn't too good at that.
Lastly for the eyes, a coat of mascara was in order. This time I used Max Factor Clump Defy Waterproof, which again, is a new favourite!
 
I never do anything to my brows, as they always look too harsh being as they are already quite prominent. They do need plucking though, so excuse my little stragglers!
 
I adore Autumnal tones like bronzes, olives, navys and plums, so for the nails I opted for the latter by Avon, called 'Midnight Plum' I believe (which can only be found on EBay it seems). This took 3 coats but it's so beautiful I can look past that!
 
The colder months are definitely my favourite in terms of trends and colours! What's yours?

22 comments:

  1. I love this eye look! So warm and wintery, I love the green eyeliner it goes beautifully with the rest of the look!

    Charlotte xxx

    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! I love winter colours :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful Megan - killer brows!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn those nails are slamming! And the glimmer stick is definitely on my Avon list now! :)

    Megan x

    www.littlerenault.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Megan! I have a couple of the glimmersticks, they're so underrated and incredible!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. you have really beautiful eyes! and your nails are amazing! x mary

    thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing eye makeup ! Right up my street, I love gold/bronze looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're my favourite Laura :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. Oo that's a gorgeous eye look! I may have to try recreating it one day, it looks perfect for Autumn :)

    Millie x
    Hidden Beauty♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely very seasonal! I can't wait to try more, perhaps a plum one next!

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely. Your eyes look great!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look. Eyes look lovely and the nails are a lush colour :-) KB xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x