Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Oxford Street/ Westfield London Beauty Haul!

Hello everyone!

At the weekend I went to London, and honestly, coming back I felt a bit down in the dumps as it was so lovely there. I had the best time ever, purchased some gorgeous things and spent some well loved time with family. It's great to see things in person, and to browse shops that are so hard to reach where I live.

I did a spot of shopping and this evening I'll be showing you the beauty aspect of things.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Firstly, I purchased some nail polishes from Urban Outfitters. They were two for £10, so I took up that offer and got a neon yellow in 'Miami' and a shimmery/glittery/iridescent top coat called 'Ice cream'. It was my first time in an Urban Outfitters and I loved it! I've been looking for a neon polish like the one I got for a very long time, and I'm wearing it now. I had to use white base coat but it was all worthwhile as I've already had so compliments on my mani, I'm in love, even if I might have to pop on some sunnies every time I stare at my nails haha! I know it's nearly Autumn but I'm not ready to give up on Summer yet!

Secondly, House of Fraser. I loved this store so much, especially the makeup counters and whilst my mum got her whole face done by Urban Decay, I had a wonder around.
 
 
 
I purchased two things there, the first being a creaseless cream eyeshadow from Benefit in Bikini-tini. It's a beautiful shimmering nude shade, and I must say the packaging swayed me to buy it. It's so cute! The lady there was also really lovely. She wasn't overly pushy or intimidating, and while she was trying out the shadow on me she made a nice funny conversation. It's the little things I suppose, but it was great to not be pounced on!
 
 
 
 

The other item I got was a Nails Inc Autumn/Winter set for £12.00 from £22.00. It has 6 mini colours which are all up my alley so I'm looking forward to using them! I'm not sure on the names... but if there's a particular shade you'd like to know the name of just leave me a comment... I'm too lazy to run upstairs and type them all out as I'm writing this haha!
 
 
Then, I went to New Look. I purchased a Kelly Brook Natural Eyes Palette for £2.99, because the colours looked interesting. The pigmentation isn't very good, but hey ho that wasn't too much money wasted!
 
 
 
Technically my mum purchased this Urban Decay Vitamin Infused Compleion Prep Spray, but I've been sneakily using it too so I thought it was worth including. I think this is around the £21.50 mark for reference.
 
 
 
Lastly was a mini AvĂ©ne Eau Thermale Spring Water. It's a funny story you see, because last weekend I purchased a 'cooling mist' for 99p in B&M. I expected it to be quite fancy, until my dad said 'Megan, what's the ingredients on that? It's water!' and he was right. I had gotten a 'cooling mist' which was just 'de-ironised aqua'. Idiot Megan. I'm laughing while I'm writing this because I've done it again, this time for £3.12. 'Spring Water'. Idiot Megan. I'm using it all the same, but I suppose the lesson I've learnt is to LOOK at ingredients and realise what you're paying for!
 
Something I should have included earlier to round up this post, is a sample the lady at Benefit gave me as well. It's called 'Triple Performing Facial Emulsion' so that was a nice addition!
 
 
Thank you very much for reading today, perhaps you'd like to leave me a comment telling me what you like to do whilst in London? I know for me, the answer is SHOP!
 
If you'd like a clothing part, then I could certain do that if you'd like me too!
 
Megan x

14 comments:

  1. The Nails Inc. polishes look really cool and you got it for such a great price.
    I hate it when you are wanting to buy a product but the sales person is so pushy that you end up buying too much or nothing at all, so it was good the lady at the benefit counter was nice and made funny conversation!

    MissBeccaBeauty xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rebecca! Thanks for your comment :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Lovely purchases! London is my favourite place to shop by far!

    Charlotte xxx

    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/summerfollowers-giveaway-uk-only-open.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Charlotte! It has every shop you could ever want!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I went to london the weekend before last and i could have literally spent thousands there, it genuinely has everything you could ever want in one place (a pretty big place haha)

    You got some lovely items, ive been wanting the Avene spray and also the Urban Decay - De Slick :)

    Would love you to follow my blog back.

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Frankie, I was quite restrained come to think of it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Now I want to go to London!

    Haha, lovely post Megan!

    Lauren x

    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez Louise! Quite the haul!

    Megan, take me with you next time ;)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just got back from London. I love it there! Carnaby is my favourite street to shop on. Its gorgeous and some great shops we dont have in Manchester. Lots of make up shops too!x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds lovely, I haven't been there before!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. I love the first nail colour. Looks like the colour would pop incredibly. Great post!

    Followed :)

    Xo, Michelle

    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I've already worn it, a post will be coming soon!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x