Sunday, 11 August 2013

My First Car Boot Sale Haul!

Hello again!
 
Sunday is the day of car boots for most places, and this morning my nan and I had a lovely time browsing the most local one to us. I didn't want to expect much, because, of course, you never know what's going to be there that day. I must have had some beginners luck, because I got some complete bargains!
 
 
I got 3 things, all of which are beauty. I personally don't mind too much if the makeup has been used, I know with the eyeshadows I can easily disinfect them and pigments I'm not too sure, perhaps let me know in the comments?
I was overwhelmed by the amount of Avon that was there, it must be a favourite brand of a lot of people!
There was a bit of Estee Lauder as well, but it was a little bit old and not really my thing. The clothes side was a bit disappointing, I think you either don't buy anything from a stall, or you buy the whole thing haha!
 




 
The first thing I purchased was a Mac pigment! It was on the stall turned the wrong way around, but I could have spotted the little pot from a mile away and I quickly rushed over to the table it was on. The lady seemed very lovely and glamorous, and she actually had a nice selection of bits and bobs including Clinique and Dior. She had a Clinique eye cream as well but it was in a pot, which isn't too hygienic if someone else had used it so although it looked very interesting, I didn't get it. I paid £2 for this huge pot of pigment called Old Gold! The colour is a brown with lime green duochrome - amazing!
I've taken lots of photos, so if you could tell me if it looks genuine of not that would be lovely as you can never be sure I suppose! The RRP according to the Mac website is £17.00, so I saved £15.00 on that deal!
 


 
Next, we were down a different row and another younger lady had a basket full of cosmetic bits and bobs. I paid £1 for these unused, brand new Essie nail wraps! I think I'll be keeping these for the Chrtistmas season as they're red and gold dotted but still lovely. They're called 'So Haute' and on the Boots website, they're £11.99! So, I saved £10.99 on that item.
 
 
 
I'd remember how great the first lady's stall was and I decided to find it again as I knew I'd saw some other things but it was my first time, and I was a little shy to ask about prices! I spotted an eyeshadow duo, which had the lid up and when I pushed it down, I realised it was Dior! The shade is 'Purple Look' and there is a matt purple and shimmery pink inside. This was also £2 so I was very happy, and I handed the money so fast before she could change her mind haha! I can't find it anywhere else but on Amazon, and even there it's £22.50 so if I go by that, that's a saving of £20.50!
 
 


 
In total I spent £5 on the three items. It would have cost £51.49 so overall I saved £46.49!
 
I know you can't guarantee to buy the exact same items at the same price at another car boot, but the purpose of this post is to persuade you beauty addicts to get up a few hours earlier and attend a car boot sale! You'll be surprised what you'll find!
 
Thank you very much for reading, perhaps you could let me know in the comments what your best makeup bargain is?
 
Megan x
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you were so so lucky! I've never been to a boot sale before, I don't think there are many in my area. That eyeshadow looks amazing, I'm jealous!

    Emilie x

    http://dreamlandofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a couple of carboots but never found any good beauty bargains. I'll keep trying though! You got amazing finds x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I suppose it's all luck, I bet next time I won't find anything but I guess that's why people keep going back! Make sure to tell me if you find anything completely bargainous and amazing! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Wow! What great savings! All of the car boots near to me don't ever seem to have makeup or clothing really which is a shame, my favourites are the mini markets you find abroad where they have dainty jewellery etc

    Charlotte xxx

    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/summerfollowers-giveaway-uk-only-open.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I think I know what you mean Charlotte! Keep trying though, one day you'll find something great I bet!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the Essie nail wraps! They definitely would be perfect for Christmas time!

    http://melissapcooper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I really want to use them now but hopefully I'll be restrained enough until December hehe!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Your so luck to find all of these amazing things! I love the Dior eyeshadow duo!x

    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG great finds!! I especially love the pigment! :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It's different to what I'd normally wear, but I like it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am inspired to go to a car boot sale Sunday now, I'll persuade my Dad! Every other time I've been to car boot sales there's never much beauty things apart from this one time I got two miss sporty nail polishes and nail polish remover pads wrapped up together for £2 which was sort of OK I guess.

    Maybe you'll see a car boot sale haul on my blog next week, hahaha!

    Alanna

    http://lovableal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x