Friday, 9 August 2013

Finally, the Beloved Baby Lips!

Hello everyone!
 
 
 
I caved in, and purchased 3 Baby Lips from Superdrug a couple of days ago. It was 3 for 2 and when I was finished there was only two left on the shelves and the lovely lady who served me at the checkout did say that they only got their batch in yesterday, and they were flying out of the store! I was pleased I nabbed them, as I was hoping to save my money and wait a while but I thought that it only made sense to get them, I mean I would have looked for them again and they wouldn't have been there!
 
 
 

I know to any American readers these are old news, but us Brits have only just seen them on our Maybelline stands and boy are we excited! I'm so jealous of the new neon ones in the US as well!

The flavours I got were Mint Fresh, Peach Kiss and Pink Punch. I did want Cherry Me but it was completely sold out so I'll have to wait until I find that one to get it.
 


So far, so good with these. There are better lip balms and there are worse, and thankfully these are very nice!

The scents are very artificial, however you can't help but love them. My favourites are Mint Fresh and Pink Punch, but Peach Kiss is actually very similar to Pink Punch but a little more berry like? If I was you I wouldn't base my fragrance descriptions on your purchase though haha, I'm useless at that. I got the mint variation as I did have a beautiful Yes To Carrots one, however it was running extremely low and I managed to smoosh it in the lid anyway so it was a replacement buy.
 

 
Out of the three I have, Pink Punch is the most pigmented and probably my favourite lip product at current, because I always struggle with blue toned lighter pinks to suit me and because this is sheer, it actually works! Yay!
 


 
 
I have only swatched Pink Punch on the lips, because it is the only one to produce a tint visible on camera. Whilst Peach Kiss kind of does, it just sort of adds a sheeny shimmer to the lips so I didn't think it was worth sharing as I doubt my camera would pick it up.
 
They have been softening on my lips, and definitely moisturising and I do agree for a longer time than most, because your lips still feel nourished even after the product has worn off but there is better products out there if intense moisture is what you're looking for.

In my honest opinion, I think most of the hype surrounding these items is due to the packaging, and yes it is something I've fell for! They're bright and bubbly looking, with thick writing in a colour contrasting to the tube and I would be lying if I said that I didn't love them in my draw. It's nice to have something so colourful around!
 
 
Overall, they're just tinted lip balms. Barely tinted lip balms which everyone has fallen for... including me!


Have you got your hands on any Baby Lips yet? I've taken some photos for a lip balm collection post, so please leave me a comment if that's something you'd be interested in seeing!
 
Thanks for reading!

Megan x
 
PS. If you have the time, please let me know if you prefer posts with more or less pictures. I went a bit crazy on the images for this one, so let me know what you think, whether it's a good or bad thing?!


9 comments:

  1. Great post! I have the mint fresh one and I love it. It feels really tingly on the lips :) xx
    makeupandmagazines.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Alice! I agree with you, it's quite refreshing actually!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I have two from America but haven't managed to get my hands on them in the UK yet. I really want some more colours!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh which ones are you after now and which ones do you have?

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found the Pink Punch one just as I was paying for something else at the till in Superdrug. I think I need to get some more, they are really lovely!
    Great post :)

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them near the tills too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I'm so jealous! I really need to get my hands on some of the baby lips but every boots I have been into there are none there! I will have to pop into superdrug soon. Great post x

    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had any luck with Boots either! I know some people have seen them in there though :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x