Monday, 5 August 2013

Bourjois Bronzing Primer

Hello everyone!
 
I'd just like to thank you all for building my followers to 130 on Bloglovin'! It's such a small number compared to other blogs but it does mean a lot to me :)
 
On to the post...
 
 
 
 
I'm sure you would have all heard about this new offering from Bourjois, a 'bronzing primer'. At first, I thought the concept was absolutely ridiculous and it would leave you with an orange tinge, but when it was on offer at £3 off n Superdrug (so £6.99 as opposed to £9.99), I decided to try it out, the main reason being that I was dabbling in the fake tan area for the first time ever and I wanted something that would give some colour to my face without using the actual tan on it, as I was scared it would cause havoc with my pores as it was directed for body use only. No one wants a white face and a tanned body hehe!
 
There are a few ways you can apply this product, which is great because it makes it very versatile. You can use the technique explained on the pot and 'wear alone under foundation or powder', or you can do the same thing and put it on chosen areas only like the cheekbones and hairline area for a more subtly bronzed look.
 
 
Truthfully, I find all of these methods to work well! I must agree that in the pot it does look scary, a brown slightly mouse type product. When swatched and blended, it becomes sheer and looks amazing! This totally surprised me because I expected it to make me look like a wotsit (I haven't had those in ages... I'm not even sure whether I've spelt that right)!
 
 
 
I actually found a difference when wearing this primer to when I don't normally, it made my makeup appear fresher for longer but I don't think it prolonged wear as such. Is that even possible...?
 
I might as well have a natter about the packaging as well, and it's not my favourite as it is quite a thick jar, perhaps a tube would have been more hygienic? Nonetheless,
 
Thank you for reading today's post!
 
Megan x

16 comments:

  1. I'm sad cos I really didn't get on with this product! Great review!

    New follower
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! That's a shame, why was that?

      Thank you too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. The colour once blended looks so pretty! and I must admit the look of it in that tub made me crave chocolatey things!

    megabeauty.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! It has a plastic like chocolate scent too, which I forgot to include!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I think I need this, I have had my eye on it for a while and your review makes me want it even more!
    Great Post, thanks for the review!
    Lauren x

    http://thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree I tend to shy away from bronzing products for the face because I am so worried about ending up like an oompa lumpa or that it will cause havok with spots etc. but this looks great! I might buy this in winter time for a cheek bronzer... Thank you!

    Charlotte xxx

    I have a giveaway if you would like to take a look? :) http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, definitely Charlotte!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I hadn't heard about this product, so thanks for the review! It seems like an interesting concept. I haven't really explored primers of any kind apart from eyeshadow, so I may have to try some things out!

    xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, neither have I! This is the only one I own currently!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. I thought this was going to be similar to Chanel Bronze Universal, but I guess I was wrong... cool concept though! Congrats on hitting 130!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Sarah! I had heard it was similar to the Chanel offering, but sadly I don't own it so i can't compare :-( A girl can dream!

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. Well done on 130!
    Been dying to try this for ages, it looks so nice!! xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I recently purchased this but haven't opened it yet cos I'm so confused about how to use it, but I shall give it a go soon! :)

    http://meltedglitter.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it as a bronzer this morning, just blending with a buffing brush! I'd love to know what you think of it!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x