Saturday, 24 August 2013

Big Boots Haul

Hello everyone!
 
 
I went to Boots today, as you do, and spent some money on some bits and bobs I was interested in. They also had a points event, so I got 220 points instead of 84 I think, which was really nice to see!
I thought I'd show you as haul posts are always nice ones to write and you seem to enjoy them!
 
 
I got these bits in two separate stores, but I'm just writing as the pictures are ordered haha. This hand sanitizer was a steal at 86p, usually £1.30. It's my second bottle as I'm running low on the first, so I'm pleased I restocked my bag as I use this at school before and after I've eaten, even when I just go to my locker throughout the day. I won't say too much more because I'll write a review soon.
 
 
This was really the first thing I purchased, the Sanctuary 5 minute thermal detox mask. I was always curious of this and it's the first tube packaged mask I've got, the others I usually get are sachets which are so unpractical! This was £6.99 down from £10.50 I believe so I cannot wait to try this tonight and I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts.
 
 
These were £1.89 I think, and they're oval cotton pads which different textures on each side. After opening them, I realised they weren't so much exfoliating on one side and soft on the pther, more like fluffy then standard. They're bigger than the usual circle ones so I will hopefully only be using one. The downside is, I have a cotton pad holder which I store them in, however these are oval and that is circular. Next time I'll think a little more before buying!
 
 
Another necessity, nail polish remover pads. I prefer the pre-soaked pads to ones you have to soak yourself. These were £1.50.
 
 
 
 
I went a bit eye crazy it seems, so to start with here is the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. I don't know if this is new or not, but it was £4.99 and something that my eyes failed to notice on previous occasions therefore I thought I'd try it. The only shade left was medium brown, so that's what I ended up with. It's too light for me but my mum loves it!
 
 
 The majority of 17 mascaras were £4, and as I'm in need of a new one (maybe I'm not... I just fancied one haha) I chose the Va Va Voom Waterproof Volume Mascara. The scribble-like packaging reminds me of the new Lancôme ones which are way out of my budget!

 
 
I noticed a clearance stand in the first Boots I went to, so of course I couldn't help but have a rummage around. I've heard incredible things about the L'Oreal Super Liner in Carbon Gloss, which I believe has sadly been discontinued, but for £3, I found one in Black Amethyst. I'm no eyeliner expert so I'm not sure if they're the same formula but different colours, but all the same I welcomed it to my basket!
 
 
The penultimate item of this haul is a Barry M Blink Black Waterproof Precision Eyeliner. This was £4.59 I believe, and so far, it's amazing! If you'd like a review then I can certainly do one once I've tried it out for a longer time period.
 
 
 To conclude this haul, I purchased the Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Vintage Blush. The price of this was £2.50, normally £3.19 if I'm correct, and if swatches on the back of my hand are anything to go buy, this could be a winner...!
 
There we have it, yet again another haul.
 
In the comment section, leave me a message on what you thought!
 
Thank you very much for reading today!
 
Megan x
 
 










8 comments:

  1. the face mask looks amazing! I always get sachet ones because I can't commit to a whole tube of face mask; I'm scared that I won't like it and then have to use it all up, or that I'll just get bored of it because I like to mix it up with smells and textures. I do agree with you thought that they are much more practical, sachets get so messy!

    Emilie x
    http://dreamlandofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I actually, they're a great way to try bits out but I end up wasting so much!

      Thank you very much for your comment Emilie :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I love Boots! Unfortunately we don't have one in Holland.

    xxx
    http://myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, what's the equivalent?

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. A review of the eyeliners would be great! I have the Va Va Voom mascara, I love it but you sometimes have to be careful with it incase it goes clumpy!

    Charlotte xxx

    http://charlottesconfashions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/summerfollowers-giveaway-uk-only-open.html - Giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After trying Va Va Voom I agree, and it smudged on me too! Hopefully I will review the Barry M Liner as I'm loving it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. The packaging of the Va Va Voom mascara is so cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - if only it didn't smudge it'd tick all the boxes!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x