Friday, 26 July 2013

The Best Under Eye Combo w/ Before and After

Hello again!
I'm here today to talk about the problem I always face - dark circles. I'm sure they're hereditary because they never go away, even if I've had 10 hours sleep and they've always been there. I think I've found my favourite combination yet to combat these rings, so I'm going to share it with you! I hope you'll find this helpful if you suffer with under eye darkness as well!
The perfect couple pictured above include the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Mac Select Moisturecover concealer. Both of these are creasing masterminds, but with powder the last very well until I wish to remove them.
The shade I have in the Mac concealer is NW15, which is actually a little dark but it does the job perfectly and I'm starting to tan a bit now so I've grown to like it.
On the other hand, with the BB corrector I've got the shade Light Bisque, which the counter lady colour matched me to. She was chewing gum in my face whilst doing so but other than that, I was pleased that I plucked up the courage to ask haha!
Here are the swatches. As you can see, the Moisturecover is very dewy, and the corrector is very pink to counteract blue shades under the eyes, I think...? (oh yeah rhyming...!)
I'll show you some pictures of these two products under my eyes now. Before I do so...
WARNING! THE FOLLOWING PHOTOGRAPHS CONTAIN EYEBROWS WHICH ARE IN SERIOUS NEED OF A PLUCK.
Bare eye area above.
One layer of the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque.

Corrector and one layer of concealer.
I apply these using my ring finger as I find it warms the product and makes the texture a lot more workable. I use the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to powder, by pushing it into the skin gently, however the photos above are shown without as I didn't have it to hand.
I've always been a drugstore girl, and the only times I've splurged on higher end items are when it is my birthday. Other than that, I'm a Boots and Superdrug addict!
The corrector retails for £18.00, and the concealer is £15.00 however I got it for a total steal at £7.50 in a blog sale. (I've just been on the Mac website, they've put a lot of their prices up by 50p! Eyeshadows are now £12.50, skinfinishes £22... hmmm cheeky! Am I late to realise this?)
So, the combination is £33.00. Wow. I dread the day when I have to repurchase them...!
That's all for today, what do you think?
Let me know your opinions about the Mac prices below, I'd love to hear what you have to say!
Thank you so much for reading,
Megan x

10 comments:

  1. Those two products are a really good combination, they work so well! I only use my Collection lasting perfection concealer for under my eyes and it works pretty well. I personally think MAC are way too overpriced even if their makeup is really good quality, it's quite expensive!xx

    - Jayne
    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used the Collection one before, and it ran out so a few days ago I repurchased it and I must say, it does a very good job! I've missed it, and I've been using it when I don't want to use the items in this post :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem, I have dreadful under eye circles I don't know why as I get plenty of sleep too. I am in need off a new concealer and I might have a look at these two as they look like they do an amazing job!

    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not the only one haha! Let me know if you do get them one day :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I think I need to get my hands on the corrector! I am one for bad under-eyes, often they are very puffy, and also dark too, they almost have a 'sunken in' look to them, and it makes me very nervous to buy contact lenses!
    Great post & pictures!
    Lauren x

    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not that bad Lauren! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I have the same problem with dark circles, so annoying! I've never tried either of these products before, must give them a go. I use one of collection 2000's concealers and it works really well for me x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you're the second one to say this and I totally agree!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the review and tips.. usually i use just the under eye concealer.

    XOXO
    The Blah Queen
    MAC Eye Shadows Review

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x