Wednesday, 24 July 2013

L'Oreal Micellar Water Review

Hello everyone!
 
Today I'm here again to review the much covered micellar water from L'Oreal. An apparent Bioderma dupe, this promises to 'dissolve makeup', 'unclog pores and remove impurities' as well as 'tone and soothe the skin'. I know this has been reviewed many a time recently, but hopefully you'll still find this helpful!
 
 
Let's begin by talking packaging. I do actually like the rectangular shape as it is easier to store than a cylinder design. I like the white lid too!
 
 
I'll analyse each claim...
 
'1. Dissolves makeup' -  I can agree with this one. It is very effective at removing pretty much everything accept waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
 
'2. Unclogs pores and removes impurities' - I don't really agree in this aspect, because I haven't noticed any difference in my pores at all.
 
'3.Tones and soothes skin' - I do agree this is soothing, perfect after a hot day!
 
Because I'm in an informative mood, here are some pictures which you might find useful!
 
 
Above I've squirted a small amount onto a cotton pad. I'm using this to remove what you'll see on my arm below, which is concealer, shimmer brick, cheek tint, waterproof mascara, black eyeshadow and a matte red lippy.
 
 
 I swiped it once across my arm, and below you'll see what's left!
 
I don't think that's bad at all for once across my arm. With a second swipe, everything else was gone but the waterproof mascara which took around 20 to be removed fully! I expected this because it is so gentle, and not greasy at all as I find more oily removers to work much better on waterproof items for me. On the bright side, it does actually remove non waterproof mascara, which for me has been Benefit They're Real.
 
Usually I'll use two cotton pads to dissolve everything on my face before washing it as usual with a foaming cleanser or scrub. I don't like to leave this on my skin for too long because I find it a little sticky.
 
Overall, I'm quite liking this product. It removes my face makeup perfectly which is what I purchased it for and doesn't break me out of irritate my skin in any manner.
 
If you're not sure whether to cave into the hype yet, I would say that if you're looking for something light that will remove your makeup, then yes, give it a try!
 
Before I go, I'd like to share a couple of links which are of my friend Jenna's new videos on YouTube! I found them hilarious, and maybe you will too, so if you have time give them a watch! They involve her adorable Jack Russell Bailey too!
 
 
 
Thank you so much for reading everybody!
 
Megan x


Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. that's pretty awesome for a micellar water. Waterproof mascara is tough in general... I find that bioderma isn't great against it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, it's not bad at all considering how gentle it is and how much it removed! :)I'd love to try Bioderma too, just to see how they compare.

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this after reading your post, it seems really promising! xx

    - Jayne

    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give it a go, and what you think of it! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Looks good, really want to try it, the girls on youtube always talking about it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I must admit that's what made me cave into the hype! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my latest tag! I hope you do it too! I love the way you have shown how much this micellar water takes off. Theres so many reviews that go, 'oh its great' without actually showing how good! Im now a new follower of yours cant wait to read more!

    Kerri x

    http://littleprettythingys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to begin writing it now Kerri_Jane! I thought it was such a nice one to get to know the writer behind the blog! Thank you so much for your comment, it has honestly made my day and put a smile on my face! :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x