Saturday, 27 July 2013

Get To Know Me - Beauty Blogger Tag!

Hello everybody!

I saw this tag a couple of days ago and I absolutely loved it! I found on Kerri_Jane's blog, which you can visit here!

 
I guess I'll get started then!
 

1. Is your hair naturally curly or naturally straight?

Straight, it won't hold so much of a wave! It can do an annoying Balamory type flippy thing at the ends sometimes, and no matter how many salt sprays I tried, they never work!

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?

I've never ever dyed my hair before, because I'm quite happy with my natural colour and currently, there's not a shade I would actually like to be! If I was going to, I'd definitely go to a salon because I know I'd make a complete botched job of it.

3.  Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?

For school, it's either up in a ponytail or simply down, or in a bun so I guess I change it a lot actually!

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or do you go to a salon?

I'm a DIY person! I've only been to a salon once, and I got my fingernails done in CG Lubu Heels, but it actually was no different to how I could have done them at home, and I think it's overpriced but can be a nice treat once in a while.

5. How often do you change your nail polish?

I'd say every 3-4 days, I just pick them off... woops!

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?

I always forget in the winter, but when I remember I do them. In the summer I paint them much more often, and my current pedi is Essie Leading Lady if that's any interest to you hehe!

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?

I'd say round 15 minutes if I have that much time, but my mum knows I'll always leave it 5 minutes before and all she does is nag me to hurry up haha! Sometimes, when I'm a bit bored, I'll take off my makeup and put the whole thing on again, going crazy with colours and eyelashes! I can spend up to an hour doing that, but don't worry, I don't go out with it on!

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?

Normally it's face as I don't tend to got extremely heavy on the eyes, but if I'm doing something darker or putting it on someone else, it's eyes first. My mum is attending a wedding soon so I'll be doing her makeup and eyes will be first then! If I forget, I've got a fan brush which works nicely at dusting off that fall out!


9. Do you collect makeup or buy what you need when you need it?

As much as I want to say that it's the second option, it isn't! I'm sure no one needs around 14 blushes, but somehow I manage to convince myself it's okay! The only time I do actually buy when I need something is if a holy grail item runs out like my concealers. Once, I've found something I love, I usually stop collecting that type of particular item.

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?

Never! I've worn them twice, once to for dinner at my nans house and the other messing around. I'm not too bad at applying them though, and once again I'll be using them on my mum for the wedding, but the glue I have isn't strong enough! If you have time, please recommend some which will make them last all day!

11. Do you wear a full face of makeup everyday?
 
Not really. Mainly, I cover my dark circles and blemishes, put on some mascara and blush and sometimes if I have some minutes to spare, that's when eyeshadow comes into place.
 
12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
 
I don't mind wearing no makeup with my family, because they're your family, you know? Hopefully they won't judge you as much as the people in the street would! Sometimes when I'm in my room, as I said before, I'll plonk a load on to mess around which can be fun!
 
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
 
Yeah, I don't really mind unless I have a huge blinking spot on my cheek!
 
14. How many high end products do you have?
 
Not many at all! I'm a drugstore person, so I can list them...
 
- Mac Neo Nebula Eyeshadow
- Mac Select Moisturecover Concealer NW15
- Benetint Sample
- Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
- Urban Decay Naked Basics
 
I'm pleased with what I own, because they're all carefully thought out purchases which are part of my daily routine.
 
15. Do you plan your OOTD each night or when you're getting dressed?
 
I'm an organised person, but when it comes to clothes I'll wake up, open my wardrobe, and just stare at it as if something will appear out of nowhere.
 
16. How often do you change your handbag?
 
Once every week I'd say, I have about 5 cheap ones which are from highstreet shops that I change to go with what I'm wearing.
 
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
 
I wake up around 7am, and go to sleep around 10pm which is later than it used to be, I kind of go to sleep later each night and it gets later and later - woops!
 
18. How often or when do you workout?
 
Extremely rarely! I sometimes do a few sit ups, and after around 10 it hurts too much and because I have no willpower, I stop, catch my breath and stumble over to the sofa to return to my much loved Kardashians show. Yup, sad!
 
19.  Left handed or right handed?
 
Righty over here!
 
20. How tall are you?
 
A few months ago I measured and I was 5ft 9", but I've grown since then (I don't seem to stop...!) so probably more like 5ft 9.5" or 10".
 
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
 
I'm learning Spanish, and I love it!
 
22. How many pets do you have?
 
Two dogs, which are treated like my little babies!
 
23. How often are you on blogger?
 
At least 10 times everyday. I check it so often it's unreal!
 
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
 
I do actually! I like it if someone asks a question in the post for the readers to reply, and I look through what everyone thinks.
 
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
 
In my head I do! Sometimes I'll make little notes on my IPad if I'm a bit bored, and that'll be my shopping list!
 
26.  How did you come up with your blog name?
 
I was scrolling through my old blog, and I came across my post on an NYC nail polish called 'Pier 17', so I thought, hey! The Beauty Pier!
 
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
 
As much as I'd love to sit her and go 'oooh I use a posh Canon DSLR', it's actually a digital camera purchased in Florida 7 years ago! I need to save for a nice camera, but I can't (or just won't)!
 
28. How often do you clean your house?
 
Obviously, I live with my mum, dad and brother so my responsibility is kind of my room, which I don't do often!
 
29.  What's your favourite colour?
 
I think orange... no... mint green (how blogger of me haha) or I don't even know... baby pink? Ahhh I'm not sure!
 
30. Do you swear?
 
Only if I've stubbed my toe or if I'm angry...!
 
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
 
Going to see my friend!
 
I hope you enjoyed that, it was fun to write! Perhaps you could give it a go?
 
Megan x











6 comments:

  1. loved your answers! i remember the days wheb my only job was to tidy my room and I never did it. Im moving out of my flat in three weeks into a house so even more cleaning for me! enjoy meeting up with your friends x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerri_Jane! Perhaps I'd better tidy my room whilst its the only thing I have to do haha! I had a nice time, thanks again!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Love this tag, I've just done it.
    I put your link at the start :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Loved your answers :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Love this tag! Would you mind if I gave it a go? I'll link back:) Love your answers:)
    &I'm loving your blog! I love so many of the products you've mentioned in your reviews;)

    -Loll xo
    www.labelle1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, do it! Thank you very much too :-)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x