Monday, 17 June 2013

My New Makeup Storage/Collection

Hello!

If you know me, you know that generally I am very organised. Until, that is, it comes to my makeup collection. I can store it very nicely, but then by the morning everything is upside down as I rummage around for what I want to use that day. I was after something easy to keep tidy, and such a blogger cliché I know, but I really did like the look of Muji. I was going to order it, but what's frustrating is on their website there are never more than 3 items in stock at one time and I wasn't going to go an epic journey to find a store. So, when on a shopping trip yesterday, I popped into 'Instore' (I think that's what it's called...) and generally, I hate that shop as I find it to all be really tacky, but as I was in there I thought I'd take a look at the storage. I'm glad I did!

I found a very posh looking brown leather effect set of 4 drawers. It was £11.99 from £19.99, which was such a bargain that I found myself skipping down to the checkouts and somehow, I managed to come home with it.
 
 
Above, you can see what they look like. I've stood them on my dressing table so it is super tall. Yes, I know, I need to dust that surface haha!
 
 
 And here's what's on top. I have a small cream cup from QD stores holding all of my eye pencils, and then the typical blogger Ikea plant pot for my brushes. I also have a Lush 'Charity Pot' cream on top as well to fill the empty space!
 
 
 
Here's my first draw. I keep face products in this, so you can see my Lush toner, my moisturiser, primer, spot treatment cream, hand sanitizer, lash curlers, lip balm, foundations, a few cream highlighters and concealers. The little purple cup is from QD stores too.
 
 
Then the emptiest of my drawers is the second, which containers blushes and my powders. I hope this one will keep growing though, I adore cheek colours! I have all 3 Dainty Doll cream blushes as well as my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, a Topshop blush and an offering from Natural Collection. I can't believe I only own one Natural Collection blush, leave me a comment letting me know which one I should get next! The one I have is Sweet Cheeks.
 
 
Then, the eye drawer! I have everything from mascaras to palettes to mono shadows in here! You can see my one and only Mac eye shadow, Neo Nebula sitting pretty. Pfft, I so didn't purposely ensure it was at the top so everyone could see it....! I have 3 Maybelline Colour Tattoos which are firm favourites, as well as a couple of MUA shades and my new UD Naked Basics palette.  You can also see a mini Benefit They're Real Mascara and Maybelline The Rocket too, both of which are great for my lashes.
 
 
 Lastly, the lip drawer. This is mumbled jumbled mess if I'm honest, so I'm so sorry if the more OCD of you out there hate me for this!
 
 
 I have a S&G Wowed Mouth palette which is beautiful but I kind of forget I have, some Revlon Balm Stains, Gosh Soft 'n' Shine Lip Balms and some randoms in here. But, I actually hardly ever wear a lip colour! There's also two Dainty Doll lippies and two Rimmel hiding somewhere as well, some of my favourites.
 
I forgot to mention, the drawers are very deep and fit a lot in them, and for reference my Simple Light Moisturiser just fits comfortable inside the drawers so hopefully you get a bit of an idea to how big that is!
 So, there was my makeup collection/storage!
 
I hope you enjoyed that, sorry it wasn't so detailed but I'm not sure really what else to say!
 
Thank you all so much for reading, come back again soon!
 
Megan x

 


 





24 comments:

  1. Love your collection, I need to organsie my stuff badly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all haha, thank you!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I'll be keeping an eye out for something like this Megan! Great idea x

    www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much make up and it's all so nicely organised! Also, I have the same Natural Collection blush and there are so many other nice colours like I think there is a really nice glowy coral one.

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look for the coral one, and thanks a lot Kathryn!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I bought something similar to you from WHSmith, its actually a stationary organiser but the drawers are great for make up organisation. If you wanted to organise your lipsticks more, there are some awesome acrylic lipstick holders that I've bought off eBay - they hold around 18 lipsticks and look really pretty

    Izzi x
    A beauty, food and life blog by Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I forgot about those! Thanks so much for commenting about them, now I really want one! Perhaps I'll build up a larger collection of lippies, and then I'll be so proud to display them in some acrylic glory ;)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. All so neat and tidy. Seriously need to do some room organization. I keep procrastinating.

    morethanpinkglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, procrastinating. Right now, I should be doing some homework but instead I'm replying to your comment haha!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I need to buy this one too, because right now my vanity is like exploding haha I love how clean everything is!
    hope you're having a great evening <3

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andrea! No doubt that in a few months these will be overflowing and I'll be moving onto the next storage solution ;)

      Megan x

      Delete
  7. Nice post Megan.

    I have to be honest, my makeup collection stays organised for about 15 minutes once I've reorganised it which is pretty terrible so I can relate lol.

    http://erinoxnam.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! Yep, hopefully this solution will work better for that!

      Megan x

      Delete
  8. So well organised! Have such little room I've got everything stuffed into a few drawers and it's always a complete mess - dream of something like this!

    http://redlipsblackflicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! Mine will be just as messy soon, give me a few days! ;)

      Megan x

      Delete
  9. I actually keep mine in a travel makeup case :)

    I love your idea of storage though!

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I did that too Amina a while back!

      Megan x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I thought the same when I first saw it :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  11. I recently organised my make-up aswell, and I always find things I forgot I had! I love the brush holders/plant pots haha!

    http://megabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/step-by-step-minion-nail-art-despicable.html xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x