Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Makeup + Lush Birthday Haulin'!

Hello!

I am extremely sorry I haven't posted since last Wednesday. It seems every time I want to post something else comes up and I don't have time but I've managed to write you all up my birthday haul. I got some makeup things I am super excited about so I hope you enjoy it! If you'd like to see the clothes side of things, let me know and I'm sure I can do one! This is a long one. Such a blogger cliché, but grab yourself a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit or two whilst I tell you about what I got!

 
Let's go!


The first thing I got was a repurchase of Essie Good to Go. I love this topcoat and it feels great to apply this one as my last bottle had thickened so much! This was £8.99 which is expensive, but I don't know how I lived without it before as I would always wake up the morning after painting my nails with some gorgeous duvet print on them and this prevents that.
 
 
Next in the 3 for 2 at Superdrug, Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation. I got the shade Vanilla which is a good match, perhaps a tad too dark but I'm hoping for a teeny tan from being in the sunshine but it is so natural you can't tell. This was £8.99, and so far I do like it. At first I wasn't at all keen, but it's growing on me for sure.
 
 
My free item was a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick. It is a beautiful fuchsia pink which is very welcome in my makeup collection and hopefully will be worn a lot! Certainly a weekend colour as it is super bright! This should have been £7.99.
 

I did the 3 for 2 offer twice so it was 6 for 4. I got a Barry M Gelly High Shine Nail Polish in Papaya which is a gorgeous peach. I had wanted this for a while and the formula is outstanding, so it was a great purchase! It made me looked tanned and so for, I don't won a thing like it. This was £3.99.


I also got a Sleek Pout Polish in Powder Pink. It is such a beautiful shade, sort of a natural pinky colour which is incredibly glossy. I will say that on first impressions, this does taste awful if it goes in your mouth. I adore what it looks like on the lips though so I'll test it for a bit longer before sharing fll thoughts. This was £4.49 and was an impulse buy completely!


Then, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. It has a new imprinted design which is what I'm showing you in the above picture. This was £3.99 and the reason I got it was because I smashed my other one to smithereens! I do like it though but I'm not usually a powder girl, however it does a good job at mattifying areas that need it.


Next up, Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I had this in mind to buy but I wasn't expecting to purchase it, however I managed to bring myself to as it was 10% off and I hardly own any matte shades. Therefore, this was £18.00 from Debenhams. 
 
 
This last makeup item was planned and it is the Bobbi Brown Corrector. My dark circles a really annoying me now, NOTHING covers them. I should have got the creamy concealer too as this is hard to find a normal concealer to put over the top so it matches your skin and the under eye area doesn't look pink. The makeup artist was nice enough though, and tried it on me with the concealer on top and although not everything was covered, it was a lot better than before. I did appreciate that she didn't force products onto me, which was something I was anxious about when visiting makeup counters.
 

Then, Lush. I did buy the Blackberry bath bomb too, but I used it before I took pictures. I didn't intend to, I popped it in the bath and then thought 'woopsie'!
 
 
This is Dragon's Egg. I've used this before and missed it a lot since I haven't been to Lush in a long time. This was £3.20 and smells of citrus which is incredible. I would liken it to a sherbet scent I suppose.
 
 
Then I got another impulse buy, Avobath. This was a citrus scent too and is supposed to soften skin, so we'll see about that one! This was around £3.
 
 
I decided to try a new toner water called 'Breath of Fresh Air' which I do like so far as a skin pick me up in the day. This was £3.95 for 100g.
 
 
Then at the till they asked if I wanted a Charity Pot, a teeny dinky tub of hand and body lotion for £1 with the money going to charity. I hate the smell, but it does the job in terms of moisturisation.
 
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed!
 
If you could leave me some suggestions for what to layer over the Bobbi Brown Corrector instead of their Creamy Concealer, I'd love to hear them in the comments!
 
Megan x


 







4 comments:

  1. Great post! I hope you had a lovely birthday! :) that Barry M nail varnish is gorgeous! I've never seen that one before.. I think I'm going to have to hunt it down! ;)
    Also I'm really tempted to try the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation as I'm looking for something a little lighter on the skin since my blemishes have faded! :)
    And I'd love to see the clothes side of things too! :D
    Amy

    http://iburntyourtoast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Amy! I had a great day :) I've actually grown to love Nearly Naked, I can't believe I waited so long to try it now!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. you take good pics megan :) i love lush products. i havent tried the ones you got here tho i hope you write a review on them and a swatch for the papaya nail polish it looks cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shayne! I've already reviewed Dragon's Egg, and I'll be sure to post about the nail polish next time I wear it! Thank you about the picture taking compliment as well :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x