Saturday, 8 June 2013

LUSH Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb In Action! + Review

Hello! If you haven't already, take a look at my Birthday Haul post. Quite a long one but I hope you liked it!
 

You might have seen I purchased a few bits and bobs from Lush as it isn't a shop I get to go to often and one of these things was Dragon's Egg. It's a bath bomb I have used before, so second time round and I'm ready to write a review!
 
In colour, Dragon's Egg is white with a few coloured speckles and dots where some large confetti like pieces are. It smells divine, like a citrus cocktail and one I never fail to be impressed by. I would liken the fragrance to lemon sherbet, which reminds me of those sherbet fountains and dib dabs, I think!
 
 
 

When it first goes into the water, it doesn't do much at all. For about 30 seconds, it kind of foams a little and just bobs around. However, it then begins to spin and bubble, releasing more foamy goodness which is currently, just white a fluffy bubbles. As the white layer continues to fizz away, the orange centre seeps through, queue more bubbling and glitter! And lots of it!
 
 
This is my favourite part, when you see the orange bit and it all kicks off. The water changes from clear to a vibrant orange and the foam makes such a pretty sight, all swirly, white and orange from when it has been floating around in the bath. You can also see gold glitter which I know some people aren't keen on, but I never find bits stuck to me afterwards so I don't mind. It's like a slice of sunshine in your bath! My mum did wake me up in the morning after I used this bath bomb and said that she had to rinse the bath out because there was glitter left in the bottom. Woops!
 
 
 
 
 
  
Oooh another thing I've forgotten! There are penny sized different coloured confetti circles which also float around the bath and dissolve. I actually really like them because they make me feel like there's a private party in my bathroom! Scroll up a bit and you'll see what I'm on about! Also, let's not leave out the popping candy! Yes! Popping candy in the bath!
 
The only thing I wish Lush did was a cross between a bubble bar and a bath bomb, so you get some bubbles as well as the excitement of a bath bomb because the foam does not last for long. I know... I know, I could put a bubble bar in at the same time and make a bath cocktail which I watch people do on YouTube all the time but honestly, who has the money to do that every day? I wish!
 
Dragon's Egg retails for £3.20 from Lush and you can find it from the link - here!

If you like your glitter and your citrus, then I would really recommend this! If you're a Lush newbie which I kind of am, then I do think this is a nice one to start with as well. It isn't the cheapest bath bomb of the bunch and sometimes I feel bad; like I'm washing money down the plug hole but for a weekly/fortnightly treat, why not. With money problems all over and the recession too, I do think it is worth it to spend a couple of pounds on a small pampering bath.

Probably a picture that should have been at the start, but here's what the bath bomb looked like before it went in the water!
 
 
Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

Please leave me a comment and let me know your favourite Lush bath bombs, I'd love to hear them and I'll bare them in mind next time I go on a shopping trip and Lush is around!

Megan x

3 comments:

  1. I love Lush bath bombs, I have a draw full of them - when I have used them up I will have to get this one :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a draw full! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I just bought that one to do a giveaway on my blog! I hope it works as you describe :

    http://mourissima.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x