Thursday, 16 May 2013

The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balms Collection/Review

Hello everyone!

As you may know already, I adore these lip balms from The Body Shop. At £2 each, they're rather purse friendly and come in a variety of fruity scents and colours. I'm here typing along today about my collection, of them which consists of 4 items.


The palest colour at the back is Watermelon. The scent of this is very artificial and fresh, which I don't mind but isn't my favourite. When on the lips, this is pretty much clear and glossy.

The purple pot you can see is Passionberry (I'm not sure what 'passionberry is to be honest!) which comes a cross as a light plummy tint on the lips. This is by far my favourite. It smells like halloween blackcurrant Haribos!

The hot pink one is Raspberry. This is a lovely scent, a sweet but not too sickly fragrance and pretty sheer pinky tint. Probably my second favourite!

Lastly, Strawberry. This is the most realistic scent which is very fruity and gives the darkest tint on the lips of a natural pinched shade.

 
I like the packaging on these. Of course, they aren't YSL standard but they're still very fun and bright which attract my attention. I like how the plastic pots are colour matched to the product inside too so you know one from the other if you store them together.
 
I find these to moisturise very well and some days, if I'm feeling lazy I'll slick on the more pigmented ones to give my lips a healthy colour and shine. They do feel sticky in the pot but on my lips, they're absolutely fine and do not cause any problems at all.

 
Above, there is Passionberry, Strawberry, Raspberry and Watermelon from left to right.
 
I adore these little pots as not they're so easy to chuck in your bag or put in a pocket to carry around. From my understanding (i.e The Body Shop website) there are 2 other shades, Satusuma Shimmer and Pink Guava.
 
 
Please leave me some post requests below. They're always welcome and helpful!
 
Thank you so much for reading today - come back soon!
 
Megan x



8 comments:

  1. I have the strawberry one and I love it, I was contemplating getting one today but I decided on a pink grapefruit soap which is delish!
    Great post!

    AlexRocksXO - http://alexrocksxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soap sounds good!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I would love to have the strawberry!! <33
    http://victoriapeace.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the strawberry one and I love how it leaves your lips so soft and shiny with a nice tint!

    Kathryn x

    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Kathryn! It's a nice product to put on when you have a lazy day :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x