Saturday, 11 May 2013

Simple Crafty Savings Jar

Hello everyone!

 I was supposed to post this a few weeks ago, but I forgot I had the pictures! Here it is though, a DIY that Lauren and I did to decorate some jam jars to save some money in.




Lauren and I pretty much raided my house for ANYTHING we could use. This included broken necklaces, tape measures, and even nail polish! We piled it all together on the dining room table and got creative. A few weeks ago, I had purchased some fat quarters of material from a haberdashery for something else which totally failed, so we both used some of that to decorate our lids too!



If you would like to do the same as we did, find a jam jar and make sure it's clean! Above is a 'before' picture, with only the text on the jar. I cut a bit of paper into a rectangle and wrote on it 'Shopping Savings'. Then, I attached sticky tape to it on the reverse side so I had to carefully place it in from the inside which took a while and a bit of help!


There's Lauren, cutting her fabric!


Above is my lid. The pattern on my material is sweeties! I think it's super cute, and Lauren's was pink and floral!


That's my finished jar. The lid just sits on top but I'm kind of glad about that as it means I won't have to worry about budging the material when I open and close it. Somehow, in the house there was like 3 tape measures so I cut one up (one from a Christmas cracker) and put it at the bottom of the jar. I used old glitter nail polishes to paint strips at the top and bottom too.

That's a little cute decorated jam jar idea!

Let me know what you think, do you have any DIY ideas you think I could try? Please let me know, I've missed getting creative and whatever I make I will sure show you the outcome!

Thank you so much for reading, and also for getting me to 101 followers! When I've finished saving, perhaps a giveaway will be on the cards?

Megan x

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea, the material on the lid is gorgeous! x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x