Monday, 6 May 2013

MeMeMe Beat the Blues Highlighter - Pearl Pink/Moonbeam

Hello everybody! I hope it isn't that I got this long without posting again, I honestly have missed it! I've focused on revision for an exam but I have finished that now, so I can post again! Yay!
 
I've had this product in my makeup bag for a long time now, probably around 6 months. It was purchased on a 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug and I remember quite clearly, I got this, a Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Eternal Gold and also a mascara for my mama.
 
I'm unsure if there is a different name which is why the title is between two, as the front of mine says 'Pearl Pink' but I was sure it is Moonbeam... ah well, I do know for sure it is a fabulous highlighter!
 
 
 
The shade is a pale shimmery pink which is neither too cold nor too warm for me which I like. It appears very natural on the skin and definitely does give a 'lit from within' glow. The texture is a smooth liquid, which is extremely easy to blend. I steer towards using my fingers to rub it into the areas I like it and then going in with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to ensure it looks seamless. Another way you can use this is with your foundation, as I have done before. I take 3/4 my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and put around 1/4 of the highlighter on the back of my hand. Using my finger, I mix it up a little then get applying as usual.
 This is a great way to use this if you're feeling extra glowy or need a good pick me up!
 
 
On my hand, I swiped the loaded brush on my hand once, and then did it again with what was left and blended it out. The brush is just a brush... what a great explanation! You twist the cap and like a nail polish, the brush is inside the lid.
 
 
Then I blended everything on my hand...
 
 
You can see that especially in the last picture, this is a super glowy highlighter when you load it on. I would probably wear more of it if I was going to apply it first, then my foundation on top which looks very nice too!
 
The places I normally apply this too are the tops of my cheekbones, my cupids bow, my brow bone and the bridge of my nose. I find it lasts around 6 hours, which isn't bad at all.
 
The best part is, this highlighter is £5.25! You can buy it in Superdrug, but somehow I cannot find it on the website currently!
 
Thank you for reading! I'm so close to the 100 follower mark, so if you could help me get there it would be amazing!
 
Megan x

Follow this blog with bloglovin


Follow on Bloglovin
 

7 comments:

  1. This looks like such an amazing dupe for high beam, and a lovely product in itself :)

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I've heard Anna! It is such a cute item, I love the style!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. This reminds me so much of High Beam from Benefit except that it is so much more affordable.
    Thanks for the great review!

    Amina || Blog: Oh just one more ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amina! So much more affordable, definitely!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Looks so lovely in that last picture! I would probably use it more on the brow bone and cheekbones :)

    Becky xx
    beautytobakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love it on my cheekbones!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Hi, very nice blog, love it!<3 I found your review about the MeMeMe highlighter really helpful. I have high beam from benefit and find it difficult to blend :/ Any recommendations?

    Would be lovely, If you could visit my blog: http://miss-sophie-beauty-lifestyle.blogspot.de
    x
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x