Tuesday, 14 May 2013

GOSH SS13 Nail Polish Swatches and Review

Hello again!

I recieved a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l goodie box from Gosh the other day with their SS13 collection to review on here. I will slowly work my way through the products as I use them, but I got swatching the 6 nail polishes as soon as possible!

The collection in its self is beautiful. Through first impressions, there is some great ideas which don't work too well and some new holy grail items I have discovered. Probably the best items are their nail polishes, and I think they've hit the jackpot with these!


I'll be expaining the formulas at the end, because honestly all were very similar so I don't want to repeat myself!

First up, Tropicana. This is a very orange red creme with some seriously minute shimmer.
 
 


I do think (as a few in this collection are) this is a staple. Through all the colours of nail polish in the world, a bright red shade is so iconic and this does the job so well! It's very eye catching and probably quite dupeable too, but I do love how opaque this is within 2 coats!

Then, we have High School Flirt.
 
 


Probably my favourite creme nail colour of the selection! I did initially think this would be an OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh dupe, however this is less grey and my true nude. This was opaque in 2 coats too which is amazing as some similar colours may take countless trys to make it opaque due to the light colour.

This next one is 'Tilted Blue', a perfect nautical colour!
 
 


The best part about this is what you see above is ONE COAT. Not streaky, completely opaque, gorgous colour. IN ONE COAT! Polishes that take only one coat are few and far between in my now shrunk collection, so I can see this being great for days that nail colour is needed but not enough time to spare!

This next one is called 'Venus'. The colour is a lot more green in real life so please do bear that in mind, but my camera wouldn't pic it up sadly to show you. The colour is sort of a greeny dusty turquoise which is so pretty!
 
 
 
 
There are also two glitters as part of the Spring/Summer range, the first one called 'Girls on Film'. This one is quite similar to Barry M 'Rose Quartz Glitter' in the same aspect of glitter shapes and colours. It is a rosy pink glitter with holographic bits too which looks so elegant and girly on the nails. Below is one coat.
 
 
 

Lastly, Greed. This is soooo amazing! The base is a gold shimmer with large gold glitter and holographic parts too. It's the shimmer that makes this so amazing as you can layer it over everything! Below, over Tilted Blue I layered it which reminds me of a night sky. If there was only one colour you can buy, let it be this! One coat gave the effect below.
 
 
 

The glitters weren't too thick and applied evenly with a little bit of fishing glitter for areas that were left bare. They dried quickly too!

As for the others, they were a pleasure to apply and dried a lot quicker than expected. The first coat on the paler shades was streaky, but 2 evened it out nicely and gave a glossy, opaque finish.
 
My favourites are High School Flirt and Greed out of all of them. I love that this collection consists of such staples, as although I do love an unusual polish it's nice to go back to the basics, especially the creme colours!
 
These nail polishes are available in Superdrug, currently 3 for 2 as well!
 
Thank you for reading!
 
Megan x
 
 


 

9 comments:

  1. these are all such beautiful colours! really love that blue 'Venus' colour especially.
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin? let me know because I'd love to :-)

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love High School Flirt and Venus, great colors!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Athena! I adore them all!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Aww~ the glitters are so pretty... I like them! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too Natalie!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I am loving the two top coats! And the color of that first nail polish is right up my alley :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that one too, a perfect summer colour!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I like the nude and blue polish.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x