Friday, 17 May 2013

GOSH BB Skin Perfecting Kits

Hellooo!

Concealers are my addiction. I literally love them and trying new ones out, as I'm always searching for a wonder product to mask my dark circles and make me look awake. I don't find too many problems for blemish concealing as I've got a couple of items which are amazing at that. So, you could have guessed how excited I was to try another concealer product from Gosh!
 
 
Light is on the left, on the right is Medium.
 
 
Light
 
 
Medium

This nifty idea is a small compact with 3 pans in it. One for a light concealer, one for a darker one and a highlighter. For reference, it is teeny! I expected it to be the size of my Sleek Face Form palette but is is considerably smaller in actual fact. I have both shades available to show you today, which is Light and Medium. I do think Gosh have limited their market here as there is not shades suitable for the darkest of skin tones

I'll be honest with you here. I dislike this product.

To start with, let's nit pick the packaging. For me, I do like the matte black compact. What I think ruins it though is the unprofessional sticker on top which has air bubbles and generally makes the product look cheap.  It hasn't peeled off yet though which is good. Inside, there is a full size mirror which is a great addition and fills the whole of the inside lid. The pans are circular and evenly spaced which I like and I prefer the inside to the outside on this item.
 
 
Light
 
Medium
 
I assume the darker concealer is for blemishes and the lightest is to brighten undereyes, and of course there is the highlighter as well.
 
 
Light Highlighter
 
 
Medium Highlighter
 
I am a bit curious about the medium shade highlighter as it appears a bit too dark to fit in with the rest of the kit and is a golden shade with a dirty, rusty undertone, I did consider using this on my eyes which I am yet to try but I'm unsure if that's a good idea!
 
 
 
The consistency of  the concealer... powdery and sheer. It is quite patchy too and you must swirl your fingers a good few times before enough product is on your hands to apply it. I find it a very light coverage which for me is pointless in a concealer as it feels as if there was no point in wearing any if it doesn't cover. The lightest shade in the lightest palette suits me which is annoying as I find no use for the darker concealer unless my skin tans up a little. It covers nothing under my eyes (my circles are very dark) and definitely does not live up to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on blemishes. The diamond in the rough here is the highlighter, which I adore and find it gives me a gorgeous healthy glow. The products do last, for around 8 hours.

It may just be me, but I don't understand the 'BB' claim either. Usually, 'BB' is used to stand for 'Beauty Balm' or 'Blemish Balm' but this is nothing of either sort. I don't know what's going on there really, as this is a concealer kit. Whether it's used as an extra selling point, or it actually has a meaning I haven't realised yet, I'm unsure.

Sorry for such a negative post, but it has to be done sometime! Normally I like Gosh products so this was another story.

This kit retails for £9.99 which I think is overpriced considering the only part I got on with was the highlight in the light palette but hey ho.


I would recommend this to people with great skin who want something light for some days but for me it didn't work too well.
 
Thank you so much for reading, please remember what doesn't work on me may work on you and vice versa!

Megan x
 
*Both products in this post were sent for review. I hope you appreciate me being honest in this post.


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so honest! Its better than no review cause this will save people wasting their money. I'll stay well clear of this x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I always try to review products whether they're good or bad for you all :-) It's also quite expensive, £9.99!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for being so honest! I'm glad I didn't purchase this product :)

    Michelle
    http://mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I hope you found the post helpful :-)

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I definitely appreciate your honesty, Megan. Not seen these in my local Superdrugs as of yet or I'd have purchased it!

    Great review!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have purchased it too if it hadn't have been sent to me. I'm glad you liked my honesty too, and thank you for reading and commenting Halima!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I agree totally with the packaging, where as I can't say with the actual product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not my favourite product!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. This is a bit of an out-dated reply to this blog, but the sticker on the black matte case peels off to reveal a clean 'gosh' logo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a bit of an out-dated reply to this blog, but the sticker on the black matte case peels off to reveal a clean 'gosh' logo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x