Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara w/ Before + After

Hello!

There are some products in the blogosphere which get so much hype you don't believe in it. This is one of them if I'm totally honest! I was never going to pay near £20 for a mascara, but when a sample of Benefit They're Real was in Elle magazine, it would have been rude not to try it! It was my quest to see if the rumours were true, is it the best mascara ever?




You cannot believe a mascara would be this amazing. I'll get on to the photos then! The packaging is very nice, a grey tube with a metallic lid and black writing with orange accents. (At least that's what the mini looks like!) Not the most professional I must admit, but it is definitely the branding down to a tee as I've not seen a mascara tube like it.


The wand is plastic which I have nothing against. I know some people prefer bristles to plastic but I find both to work for me, and if anything I probably like this type of wand more if I was put on the spot. It is a bit thinner than Maybelline The Rocket, and has a ball type feature on the end which is for those pesky lashes that hide near the corners of your eyes. I don't find much use for it as I find too much product sticks to it as you pull it out of the tube and therefore clumps them.


I'll show you a before picture now. My eyelashes are pretty average, medium length, quite straight.


Here is a couple of coats of the mascara. I always do two coats, I spend a long time perfecting the first and then just pop on a bit more quickly with the second. (I am aware my eyebrows need plucking haha.)



 
Honestly, for me I'm not particularly bothered about excessive volume. A natural, fluttery look is fine for me and what I like the most. This is a nice balance inbetween.
 
I agree with every claim on the box, and what I like is this mascara separates my lashes and doesn't clump them at all which I do think gives the 'false' effect. 
 
Actually, the one thing I don't agree with which is strange as 100% of women did, is that it is longlasting. Let me know if you've tried this if it smudges on you too? It isn't waterproof and it does stay on my lashes but the line underneath my eye is inevitable.
 
So, is it the perfect mascara?
 
No. But Benefit, gimme a water proof one and gladly award you the title!
 
 Thank you for reading, if you'd like to know the eye makeup I'm wearing ask me in the comments! Interactive is fun, right?
 
Megan x



18 comments:

  1. Very lovely mascara but I liked more the gold eye liner on your waterline. Really suits brown-eyed girls!

    Eve
    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Eve! It's a Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner in Renaissance Gold, post coming soon if you're interested!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I want this mascara so bad :) looks lovely on you.

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosina! If you come across a sample, do try it!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. The results look lovely on you! How well do you think these would perform on someone with short, straight lashes? I'm Asian and I suffer from super short lashes and I always have problems finding good mascaras. But I've heard great stuff about this one :D

    http://withlove-tiffany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure Tiffany, as I don't think this does much for me in terms of adding curl. I think with the help of an eyelash curler this could work very well because I find it gives decent length and volume on its own. As always, see if you can get a tester and go from there :) Thank you for your comment!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Look like you got on quite well with it, I have this mascara and to be honest have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it! I have quite long lashes so I'm quite lucky but sometimes this mascara will work wonders on my lashes and other times I find it clumps them together a bit! But on the whole I LOVE it - I did a recent post on my everyday makeup which I have featured it in! I agree - I really think it should be waterproof!!

    http://mabilicious.blogspot.co.uk/
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think I have to spend my time on it for it to look good and not clump, but the overall effect is lovely! The day they bring out a waterproof version I will be a very happy girl haha :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I love this mascara, however my eyelashes are terrible, but it works slightly well on mine, love benefit so much though. xoxox

    http://hollysbeautyobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always drawn in by the packaging Benefit has, so cute!

      Megan x

      Delete
  6. Always looking for a great mascara ,thanks for sharing..


    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your style is so unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this web site.

    Botanicalorganic Provides you the best supplement & beauty products,Now you can visit our website http://www.botanicalorganic.com/

    best skin care products & buy skin care products

    ReplyDelete
  8. We enjoyed this content on this site. Would like to pay a visit to yet again.

    3d fiber lashes mascara & younique mascara uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    Hair NVQ L2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x