Thursday, 2 May 2013

After School Primarni Shopping

Yesterday, after school, my mum and I took a short trip to our local town centre. It was so nice, as it wasn't as busy as the weekends and Primark was so quiet so we took a stress-free browse and I got two lovely things that total £11.50!

 
The first thing I got was a gorgeous dress for £10. It is a beautiful cobalt blue with a white and red floral patterns and a section near the middle which is a crochet-esque strip which allows skin to show through but not too obviously so it's more age appropriate.




 
I love how summery it looks, and how it is really thin and light weight so the material falls nicely and you won't be hot in it either. As I said before, this was £10.00 though if I saw this in Topshop, no doubt I would have paid triple (and wouldn't have minded in the slightest)! I can imagine wearing this with bare legs and some tan shoes in the summer, when the weather is right!
 
 
For a teeny tiny £1.50, I also found some of these socks which I think are adorable! Primark have taken note and have made a few pairs of frilly socks (I have the white and black already) so I had to own this grey pair with cream frills. I really want to team these with the dress in some way, do you have any suggestions for me?
 
 
I haven't shopped in Primark for a while now, mainly because I think I became addicted so I avoided it a little! I do enjoy going there now and again, and some things from there have definitely served their purpose and lasted longer than expected. I'm trying to invest in some higher quality pieces too but Primark is such a great place to attempt a ttrend you're unsure of to avoid wasting too much money!
 
Thank you very much for reading! I just wanted to show you these two things as I am very pleased with them and as Primark doesn't have a website you can buy the clothes from, it's nice to see what's around incase you would like these items!
 
Megan x

24 comments:

  1. love that dress so much! such a great bargain :)

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wasn't expecting it to be so cheap, I was so pleased!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Love the things you bought! and those socks are so cute!

    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress and the socks are really cute! I wish there was Primark in my country, I absolutely loved it while I was in England, so many adorable stuff really affordable, perfect for my money pocket haha

    x Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! They have some really nice items for nice prices too!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Both of these are gorgeous, and absolutely amazing for £11.50! Can't get over it, it's such a bargain.

    Maxine, xx
    beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I Maxine!

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. Dress is lovely!!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so pretty! xx

    http://those-material-things.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! So perfect for Spring, I thought!

      Megan x

      Delete
  8. I've been eyeing up those dresses for a while so think I might just have to try one on tomorrow! Frilly socks fill up most of my drawer - I always get the kids ones in ASDA (£4 for like 5) and I have size 8 feet yet still fit!

    http://redlipsblackflicks.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Wow thank you for telling me! I am the same size as you too! Next time I'm in Asda I will be having a browse!

      Megan x

      Delete
  9. You got some lovely things here Megan! I do love a little shop in Primark, but nothing major! Some people go CRAZY in there, I'm talking 4 baskets full per person! :O
    You are so close to 100 followers, congrats! :)
    Lauren x

    http://www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know what you mean, they just chuck it all in! I would hate to be them paying at the checkout... gulp.

      Megan x

      Delete
  10. the socks are so cute :D

    www.lollistick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try a River Island perfume, they sound so amazing!

    I love your blog!

    Ella x
    http://beautibits.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Ella! They're so lovely, and such a decent price!

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x