Wednesday, 15 May 2013

A Buying Guide of the UK Drugstore!

Hey everyone (specifically Amina and Gabriëlle)!

I had a couple of comments on my post about £100 in Superdrug about what to buy and guides as to what to buy if you're visiting the UK. I'm only going to include products I have used and love so I'm not being misleading in any way. Obviously, everyone has their preferences but this is just a small post noting the things to purchased if you take a trip to sunny 'ol GB!

I am aware some of these things are available outside the UK. Some might be harder to find elsewhere or online order only, but I'm not doing this of a specific country citizen so I've tried to make it as general as possible if that made sense!
 
 
 
Barry M Nail Polish - £2.99 - £4.99
 
I'm pretty sure these are only widely available in the UK (please politely correct me if I'm wrong!) but boy should they be a worldwide phenomenon! I own many of these myself and have had no faults with any of them! (Apart from the mint green...) They apply flawlessly and last well too, and the basic line is £2.99! The Gelly line is amazing too, so I dare you to walk into Boots or Superdrug and NOT come out with one of these. It is impossible.
 
 
The mother of all concealers. You cannot visit Great Britain and not come back with one of these! I'm very sure these are UK only, and everyone and their gold fish owns one of these. It is so thick (hardly cakey) and covers everything! This is best on blemishes as it is a bit heavy for the delicate under eye area, but if you're looking for a hardcore spot cover, get this! Or just buy it to see what all the hype is about, that's what I kinda did haha!
 
 
I am so sad, my bottle of this is on its last legs. It smells amazing for one, and looks so natural and covers well too! It is on the more expensive side of the drugstore, but I can definitely justify it and I hope you can too! (I'm unsure about the availability of this in different countries.)
 
Sleek Face Form - £9.99
 
I think Sleek do ship internationally so if you aren't planning a UK trip, you can order online I'm pretty sure. It is a lot easier to purchase in Superdrug and if you aren't into the blush, for £2 cheaper you can get the highlight and the contour on its own.
 
 
Possibly the best bargainous item ever. A UD Naked palette dupe, this is a highly pigmented set of 12 eyeshadows for £4. MUA do ship internationally again if you aren't planning a UK trip anytime soon.
 
 
I got sent this for review around a week ago and wow... just wow. This shade would suit every eye colour with its golden hue! It is so soft and long lasting, and I'm not lying when I say it needs the lightest touch for such a pigmented line!
 
Batiste Dry Shampoo - £1.50 - £4.99
 
I do think this is available in America (other countries I'm unsure) but I'm sure it is a lot more expensive over there! This is an extremely good dry shampoo in a variety of scents which is great for those days in between hair washes.
 
 
I know you can get these in America, but incase you live in a country elsewhere I must feature this! It is my favourite brush ever and is so multi-functional. If you don't already know, these brushes are made by Sam Chapman at Pixiwoo, so you sure know you get the knowledge behind these brushes!
 
So, to Amina and Gabriëlle, I hope that helped you both out!
 
Thank you very much for reading!
 
Also, if there are any other post request I'll happily give them a go!
 
Megan x

8 comments:

  1. Thank you!! This helped so much, I will definitely be picking some of these up :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm so glad it helped! Let me know if you get anything nice, I'd love to hear about them!

      Megan x

      Delete
  2. I have recently bought a majority of these products! The sleek face form is soo good, I really want to but the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer after reading this!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try the concealer! ;) I have tried so many others but always end up back with this one! I agree wih you on Face Form, I adore it so much!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. I want everything up there! I've always heard good things about those products. Can only get the Batiste Dry Shampoo and Brushes here, it makes me sad.

    http://mollycurley.blogspot.com

    xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it makes me sad too seeing some things other countries can get and I can't! They're all very good items :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. This is such a helpful post Megan! If I ever get my butt over to GB, I shall definitely refer to this!


    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! It made my day :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x