Filippo Berio Olive Oil 250ml
I have done some research and found out that olive oil should be a staple in everyone's collection, or at least in their kitchen! Not only does it taste good, but it has some amazing skin benefits which I will share with you today, by writing about how you can use it!
1. An intense hand/nail treatment. If you suffer with weak nails or awful cuticles, by rubbing olive oil into your nail beds you can help soften your skin and supposedly strengthen your nails. I have tried this (this morning actually) and do find it works. I rubbed the olive oil over my hands too for a few minutes and now they are super soft too!
2. Make DIY scrubs! You can easily combine either brown or white sugar with some olive oil to create a natural exfoliant that removes dead skin with the sugar and moisture from the oil.
3. Use as a makeup remover! As this is an oil, it will break down your makeup easily as well as being non-drying due to its moisturising properties. I have actually used this for the past few days to remove my makeup and it does work! It even made light work of my eye makeup!
4. Use on hair as a deep conditioning treatment. Personally, I didn't find this worked too well for me but others seem to like it so I should mention it in case it works for you! I smothered some on the ends of my hair and left it for a few minutes before washing off and continuing with my hair routine. (I barely have one though!) It did make my hair a bit softer, perhaps I didn't use enough?
5. Clean makeup brushes. This worked very well when I tried it! Mix some olive oil with some baby shampoo or dish soap and wash as normal. It will make your brushes very clean, mine were!
So there are the 5 ways I have used olive oil so you could call this tried and tested haha! If you have any uses for olive oil I didn't feature or you think I should try, let me know! I'm really enjoying using something more natural!