Thursday, 25 April 2013

The BIG Birthday Wishlist - Face Edition

Hey everybody!

My birthday is around the corner, and usually I have a big shoppig trip which is something I look forward too. It's normally a girly day with my mum and my best friend Lauren. This is the one exception a year where I go slightly crazy in terms of spending! Que the BIG Birthday Wishlist #1! The first is face products, so let me know if you would like this to be made a weekly feature for a while? I sure can do lip editions, eye editions... even cheek editions haha! The reason I am only doing makeup wishlists for my birthday is that I can never truly be certain what I am lusting after will be in the specific store on the day whereas makeup is more likely to be there unless it is sold out.
 
 

I have been after something for a very long time now to cover my dark circles and I've heard this is fabulous! I can't find anything from the drugstore, so it's time to go high end! My purse will hate me, but my under eyes won't (hopefully)!

The reason I want this is to team with the corrector for absolute full coverage. Please let me know if the concealer actually is needed on top! I thought that I could use this on blemishes too though.

I haven't been using powder since I smashed my Rimmel Stay Matte after I dropped it, and even before that I have been using the Real Technqiues Blush Brush anyway so I think a proper brush is in order! I love the Real Techniques range as well, perhaps you would like to see which ones I own? Don't get me wrong, I really would like the Core Collection too! Perhaps even before my brithday I will have to make a cheeky buy... well already I fail at spending bans!

I've seen some impressive reviews on this foundation, and generally I think the price is great and if it lives up to the claims, it could suit my skin well!

I've decided that if I get a powder brush, I might well need a powder! Common sense, eh? I see this one used by pixiwoo all the time and it seems so 'sleek' (see what I did there? Hahaha no I actaully think the packaging looks really sleek though!) and elegant, and I like the idea of it being luminous as I'm all about healthy, dewy, natural skin.

Hopefully I will definitely buy this! I see it used a lot, and my skin can look dull and feel a bit dopwn, so maybe this will be the product to perk my skin up!

I've wanted to try this for a long time now, and I was gutted when I got it the first time in shades way to dark! Second time lucky?

As I think I said before, I would prefer my skin to look natural over flat and matte, plus I don't mind lighter foundations as that's what heavy duty concealers are for!
 
I'm not comitting myself to buying everything here, they're just things I would buy if I had the money which I don't - so I suppose the purpose of a wishlist is to have a shopping fantasy!
 
Thank you reading!
 
Megan x
 








8 comments:

  1. My birthday is coming up too, mine is May 5th when is your birthday? :)

    xoxo rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is in June, haha I'm an early preparer! Happy birthday for then Rosina :-)

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The RT powder brush is fantastic! SO big and so fluffy! :) I can't imagine applying powder without it now!
    I hope you have a great birthday in June! ;)
    http://iburntyourtoast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me want it even more Amy! ;)

      Thank you so much! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. I've really wanted to try the Bobbi Brown corrector!
    Happy birthday for June! :)

    Kelouise xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes two of us Kelouise!

      Thank you! :)

      Megan x

      Delete
  5. I love the Real Techniques Powder Brush, so soft! I really want to try the Bobbi Brown Corrector too xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need it even more now! My dark circles are telling me to buy it... so I probably will haha! The excuses I have these days... :)

      Megan x

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x