Monday, 8 April 2013

Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Sequins

 This was actually a review that was requested, so keep giving me those and I will happily review any product I have!
 
I have never owned a product from Stila before, mainly because I am on a budget and cannot afford to try every product under the sun. I did have a tinted moisturiser and a powder but I got those from Poundland, and then there was the whole thing about them being like 8 years old or something ridiclous so those were gone in a flash!
 
I like the packaging on Stila products, because to me it looks very 'eco' on the outside. The actual liner packaging is a black tube with silver glitter that isn't my favourite, but does the job.
 
 
Some of you may have read my haul post a two weekends ago, but I managed to find this liner in a clearance section in Boots for £2.00. I have done some research and I think this normally retails for £14.50 ish, so not bad at all! I love that sale bin haha! This eyeliner is really pretty (I'm unsure if it suits me though), as it is a simple black but it has some silver glitter pieces which translate to more of a sheen on the eyes. The applicator is a foam tip, which I found unproblematic and applied my eyeliner quite well. It was a bit hard to achieve a super thin line though, but easier to make a thicker one if that is what you are into.
 
 
 
Below you can see I have done a few swatches on the back of my hand. As you can see, I have done the thinest and thickest lines I could as well as a squiggle in the middle! It looks like an almost shimmery gunmetal on the eyes, as the finish is very glossy. I love the formula on this too, as I found it didn't crack or flake throughout the day and lasted a good 8 hours until I removed it. It applied evenly and smoothly for me, but you can see below that if you don't dip your brush in the tube again before each eye it can become quite sheer. I do agree with the waterproof claim and definitely the sparkle one, so all truthful on the statement front here!
 


 
To end this review, I will say that I wouldn't have purchased this at full price, just because I prefer usual black liner over a shimmer. I do think this will be handy if I ever want to wear it to a more formal place, but I don't think I will touch this much in my collection. I think it was because I tend to suit gold more than silver so it almost made me feel cold? Haha I hope you know what I meant!
 
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed my post today!
 
Megan x
 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
 


15 comments:

  1. Looks good tho, love me some shimmer :)

    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really nice! I'm new to liquid liners, and this review was helpful! Thanks

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Valeska! Thank you!

      Megan x

      Delete
  3. Can't believe you got this so cheap! Looks good :D every girl loves a bit of glitter!!

    Jaime xx

    catsclothesandcupsoftea.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I Jaime! I agree, I know I love some sparkle!

      Megan x

      Delete
  4. Great bargain for a Stila product even if you didn't like it very much
    honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster Award:)
    http://berriesinthesnow.blogspot.de/2013/04/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I LOVE your blog, and have nominated you for a liebster award. Check it out:

    http://bellaraeblabber.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get what you mean about to silver feeling cold! haha it would look gorgeous with a night time look though :) xx

    http://those-material-things.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment, I read each and every single one, and reply to as many as possible! - Megan x